What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eels off season trivia thread.

parra pete

Referee
1. Greg Owens
3 ( Muggo only bloke with plastercine instead of a nose). Ken Stewart only player not to have kicked a goal
2 Steve Corradi/Tim Barnes

Stagger eel

Staff member
1. Greg Owens
3 ( Muggo only bloke with plastercine instead of a nose). Ken Stewart only player not to have kicked a goal
2 Steve Corradi/Tim Barnes

rightio...

1) no...

2) mistaken for question 3 however it is the right answer..

3) mistaken for question 2 - half right.

strider

Post Whore
Here's one for ya Pete...

How many LU Parra fans does it take to screw in a light bulb? 6

1 to call the light bulb a myth, 1 to start a "why did tim smith break the previous light bulb" thread. 1 to claim the light bulb is a conspiracy, 1 to claim its fitzy's fault, 1 to post a youtube link to the changing of the bulb and 1 to actually do it.
:lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
totally unrelated question...

this has been haunting me for quite a while but I was wondering if Pete, suity, twizzle or anyone else can remember if Mick Cronin has ever captained this club and if so can they tell me when, like I said this is totaly unrelated to the quiz, it's just been bugging me for a while.

jono

Juniors
totally unrelated question...

this has been haunting me for quite a while but I was wondering if Pete, suity, twizzle or anyone else can remember if Mick Cronin has ever captained this club and if so can they tell me when, like I said this is totaly unrelated to the quiz, it's just been bugging me for a while.
Have a vague recollection he may have in one of Gibbos pre-season Wauchope trials circa 82-83 but pretty sure never in a premiership/midweek cup match

Stagger eel

Staff member
Have a vague recollection he may have in one of Gibbos pre-season Wauchope trials circa 82-83 but pretty sure never in a premiership/midweek cup match

you see I've had plenty of recollections of of him leading the side out but can't for the life of me pinpoint 1 particular game which he did.

The Colonel

Immortal
oooooohh!!!!

1 yes

2 mmmm!! half right.

3 yes.

OK then....the first one is obviously Tim Barnes. However, Mark Ko'cass, David Rowles, Tim Barnes, Mick Delroy, Terry Leabeater, Tony Cossatto and Steve Corradi debuted in 1986. Of those Delroy, Leabeater and Cossatto played more than once and you've said no to the three others.

Whats the bloody answer?

Stagger eel

Staff member
OK then....the first one is obviously Tim Barnes. However, Mark Ko'cass, David Rowles, Tim Barnes, Mick Delroy, Terry Leabeater, Tony Cossatto and Steve Corradi debuted in 1986. Of those Delroy, Leabeater and Cossatto played more than once and you've said no to the three others.

Whats the bloody answer?

you're right they certainly did, but one of them debut against Canberra? ;-)

you've done the hard yards you tell me...:cool:

Stagger eel

Staff member
I would say no, the Crow never led the Eels....

are you confident with that Pete? regardless, that would make a great trivia question.

btw, pete who captained the club between 78 and 79?? ...Higgs left at the end of 77 and Edgey took over in 80.