What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eels off season trivia thread.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I can see a few situations:

They signed him and he was injured
he retired
or he had already signed elsewhere

I am hoping he is high profile because I was only born in 1980 so the lesser known players I will not remember.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I can see a few situations:

They signed him and he was injured
he retired
or he had already signed elsewhere

I am hoping he is high profile because I was only born in 1980 so the lesser known players I will not remember.

try the highlighted...and it happened in the mid 80's...

The Engineers Room

First Grade
the bloke was a centre who behaved like his "namesake" when he signed a contract while he was still under contract with the bears, the bears from memory threaten to take him to court and he backed down.

1) Adrian Toole
2) False
3) Tim Smith never played for the Gold Coast

The Engineers Room

First Grade
1) John O'Toole
2) False
3) Tim Smith never played for the Gold Coast
progress.gif

mickdo

Coach
Ok, someone play some thinking music... it could take me a while to come up with a few q's...

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I remember we tried to sign Adrian Toole in the late 80's but like many players around that time, they scoffed at the thought of coming to the club. :lol:

I thought I had heard of that. That is why I went with him but not a centre hey.

And I won the last time I gave it a try but my questions were way too easy.

mickdo

Coach
Ok, here we go... these shouldn't be too hard

1) Who were the 3 Eels players sin-binned by Bill Harrigan in a game against Newcastle in 2002, and which player was sin-binned twice?

2) What injury led to Mick Cronin deciding to retire after the 1986 Grand Final win?

3) What do these Parra players have in common: Peter Peters, Ron Willey, Paul Dunn, Tim Mannah

Latest posts