What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The elephant.. errr.. bird in the room

Feej

First Grade
Beale and Holmes were manufacturing points weren't they? Bird is hardly justifying his own selection, let alone the massive $$$ he's going to try to pull in for his next contract.

But you know he'll never be benched or dropped. Not by this coach anyway.

unloved? Flanno should give him a a big kiss.....isn't that what the mafia do before they fit the concrete shoes?

at this point id be happy to let him walk

would not tie up big money in him

i feel like he has held the team to ransom somewhat with his demands i.e. shot at fullback in the preseason

and his attitude, from what has been conveyed through the television seems to stink

was not impressed with his dummy spit at Maloney last week, know your place and show some respect, i will not excuse it away as fire in the belly, its disrespecting a senior player and stinks of prima donna

Card Shark

Immortal
I'd definitely have him in the 17 & no way would I let him walk.

Great player in the making, he will come good but may not be this year.

He's only young!

snoozer

Bench
i know bird has been playing crap but since when do we take fantasy ratings as a measure of a payers performance?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I'd definitely have him in the 17 & no way would I let him walk.

Great player in the making, he will come good but may not be this year.

He's only young!

Yeah, lets wait till he hands the GF to someone with his shyteful defence, poor vision, incorrect options and pearler of a passing game.

He should at least be given a wake up call.

Card Shark

Immortal
Frenz, agree he needs a wake-up call.

A stint off the bench maybe but no way would I drop him at this point.

I reckon he's just as likely to win us a game, as lose 1.

Grand Finals are achieved & won by having match winners in the team...we'd be mad to drop 1.

Weaponhead

Coach
No doubt Bird has been poor since Origin. Flanagan won't drop him at this point of the season. He needs a rocket and to stop reading ignorant media reports. He can be a big player when switched on.

Craigshark

First Grade
Needs to run straight and hard instead of that skip he does all the time.

He bombed a certain try last night by simply passing way too early to Holmes. Holmes looked frustrated from it too.

I watched the backline do their usual warm up. Saw them try a couple of different plays/combinations where Bird was heavily involved which I haven't seen before and didn't see them use last night. Hopefully they are saving them for the next few weeks.

Card Shark

Immortal
Based on the law of averages?

When did he last win the team a game? Would be 18 months ago.

Not sure.

When he put that good in & away on the defence & drew in the winger & flicked to a now unmarked Holmes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I seem to remember that play & another in that game were critical for the result. Buggered if I know who it was against though...

Foz

Bench
Couldn't care less about Birds angst with his team mates.Just shows he wants to win and don't think they give a bugger anyway.
More concerned with his defence.Sure they all miss tackles but he's had some bad misses over the last 3 weeks.
May be carrying an injury but he strikes me as the type of guy that'll come good on the big stage.We need him to.
Got an idea our fate will be decided by his form.

millersnose

Post Whore
Yeah, lets wait till he hands the GF to someone with his shyteful defence, poor vision, incorrect options and pearler of a passing game.

He should at least be given a wake up call.
Being over rated does not make him the worst choice for centre
It would be absolute stupidity to break up the team a week before the semis and it ain't gunna happen
Not all issues are solved by dropping players

Bird, needs to get back to doing what the forwards did last night, run straight and hard.

Leutele has been great example of that when he plays he takes ball straight and hard.

Bird does that a few times, then do the skip and pass defence will get caught out.

The guy is a matchwinner and maybe he is waiting the grandest stage of them all, he wins the GF for the Sharks.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Being over rated does not make him the worst choice for centre
It would be absolute stupidity to break up the team a week before the semis and it ain't gunna happen
Not all issues are solved by dropping players

Yet some issues are.

millersnose

Post Whore
Then be a brave boy and declare what the new line up should be

We will ask nummy nums to run it through his soopa doopa fantasy points calculator examine the results as all serious arm chair coaches should