What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The elephant.. errr.. bird in the room

bluefox68

Staff member
Not sure.

When he put that good in & away on the defence & drew in the winger & flicked to a now unmarked Holmes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I seem to remember that play & another in that game were critical for the result. Buggered if I know who it was against though...
The double fend and flick pass for Holmes was against the Dogs to win the game.
I haven't been able to see the last 4 games, but what you guys say, he's been pretty bad.
Loots and Beale have both had a stint off the bench.
Putting him on the bench, with Beale at right centre, would be a reminder that the media don't win big games.
He might actually pull his head in, and have an impact in the last 15 mins of each half

Card Shark

Immortal
Yeh, we might get better value out of him off the bench - would have an impact if fresh & could play as a forward.

i know bird has been playing crap but since when do we take fantasy ratings as a measure of a payers performance?
Fantasy is fantasy snoozer

but there are still tangible metrics by which players can be measured

quantification of performance or lack thereof

Then be a brave boy and declare what the new line up should be

We will ask nummy nums to run it through his soopa doopa fantasy points calculator examine the results as all serious arm chair coaches should
why do you continue to be a f**kwit, is your bum sore you skirt?

frenzy is a well respected poster on here, do you think he is wrong?

McLovin

Staff member
Err... I don't think dropping a 21 year old origin player is a good idea. Especially when he isn't locked in long term. Plenty worse out there...

i think he is right and i think you are wrong

there would be no problem putting lewis at right centre, starting bakuya and playing bird in bakuyas role off the bench

minimal team impact

go back to sleep you old fart

millersnose

Post Whore
You seem all upset again

Incidentally why didn't you just post in the existing bird thread
Did you think this particular bird brain fart of yours was so stunning that it required special attention?

bluefox68

Staff member
1. Barba
2. Feki
3. Beale
4. Leutele
5. Holmes
6. Maloney
7. Townsend
8. Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Prior
11. Lewis
12. Graham
13. Gallen (c)

14. Sene-Lafao
15. Bukuya
16. Capewell
17. Bird

Heighno is past it. Paulo is another second-rower/5/8th, which we don't need. I would stick to this team, even if Taga were available.

You seem all upset again

Incidentally why didn't you just post in the existing bird thread
Did you think this particular bird brain fart of yours was so stunning that it required special attention?

stop deflecting

its okay to be wrong, youre pretty good at it actually

Yes

I think he is wrong

But then I don't have access to the fantasy data

for you to think something is wrong, you have claimed stake in a belief that something else is correct, ill help you out

Being over rated does not make him the worst choice for centre
It would be absolute stupidity to break up the team a week before the semis and it ain't gunna happen
Not all issues are solved by dropping players

lights on today mate?

Dropping Bird last thing we want to do.

People saying play Lewis out wide, he is going great in forwards.

More concern is bench re Paulo/JSL that is what needs to be looked at who should be on bench

Paulo
JSL
Nu Brown
Taga - when fit
Capewell
Leutele/Beale - as one will play does other go to bench,

2 of the above are needed for remainder bench spots

This is more relevant then dropping Bird, thats last thing we should be doing

Inferno

Coach
It's too late in the season to drop him, but I still don't think he's in the top 2 centres at the club.

Will be interesting to see what his form is like next year when he's off contract...

It's too late in the season to drop him, but I still don't think he's in the top 2 centres at the club.

Will be interesting to see what his form is like next year when he's off contract...

And if he wants to play in the spine i cannot see him staying, we need to ensure next year we are testing some of the kids coming through example Yornston has had wraps on him is centre, next year would like to see these players get a game now and then to see how they handle FG, as with amount of players off contract end of next year is going to be hard to retain all

Inferno

Coach
Depends if he wants to play in the spine, or just spine money. He's a real footballer and deserves a spot somewhere in the 17 but I still don't think he's nailed down any one position yet. On that basis he is worth persisting with, but if he wants outrageous money while not even being the best performing centre at the club I'm not fussed about losing him.

As long as we retain both Holmes and Barba.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
1. Barba
2. Feki
3. Beale
4. Leutele
5. Holmes
6. Maloney
7. Townsend
8. Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Prior
11. Lewis
12. Graham
13. Gallen (c)

14. Sene-Lafao
15. Bukuya
16. Capewell
17. Bird

Heighno is past it. Paulo is another second-rower/5/8th, which we don't need. I would stick to this team, even if Taga were available.
Like the team Blue but don't agree that Heino is quite past it yet. Although not being huge he tends to make decent meters with his pitter-patter steps and backing into the line on occasions. Unusual but effective imo.