What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The end of the road for 2013?

Old_Timer

Juniors
Well that now makes us 4 from 11, with a 36% winning record. Tonight's game was critical to any expectation of a resurgence this year. So are we finally going to blood the likes of Quinlan, Drinkwater et al, or simply soldier on with every confidence in Coach Price making the good calls?

Last edited:

dragonrickjs

Juniors
Time to start thinking about next year. Lets bloody all our good kids and give them the experience they will need for next year. Perfect time to do it. we can't persist with this line up.

possm

Coach
Time to start thinking about next year. Lets bloody all our good kids and give them the experience they will need for next year. Perfect time to do it. we can't persist with this line up.

It's not just the player line up. When will the penny drop; it's the coach.

Old_Timer

Juniors
No, we have done the coach thing to death. Time to invent some new excuses.

Last edited:

Twenty10

Juniors
The coach is not up to it. No excuse for the players to simply not turn up. Must be something wrong with preparation

BennyV

Referee
Old Timer, if some younger guys dont get a crack in the next few weeks, particularly in the halves, I might just start buying into your views of our supercoach...

Old_Timer

Juniors
Supercoach? Well I have put a few tags on him, but for the life of me, I cannot recall "Supercoach" being one of them, LOL.

Last edited:

inside_pass

Bench
Funny how after this game I thought this year is gone and when we were beaten by Penrith last year I thought the same thing..........and was right!
I don't really care about this year anymore,we just haven't got the squad to be consistent week to week.
This year is a write off and I only hope we blood some young players for the future and get a few wins against my more hated sides.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Well that now makes us 4 from 11, with a 36% winning record. Tonight's game was critical to any expectation of a resurgence this year. So are we finally going to blood the likes of Quinlan, Drinkwater et al, or simply soldier on with every confidence in Coach Price making the good calls?

Nah we will just keep soldiering on with basically the same side...until the young up and comers move on to somewhere else....trust me..

Old Timer, if some younger guys dont get a crack in the next few weeks, particularly in the halves, I might just start buying into your views of our supercoach...

BennyV ...I know that was hard.

A fine concession indeed.

At leassst ....this time Coach Price admitted in interview that it was not good enough, and not the usual fluff.

I don't believe in Steve Price, (I'm with OT, I think HE is the problem) ...but I accept the need to support him and not be negative for the sake of being negative - 'cos I know that does not help either.

Fake it 'til you make it.

Funny how after this game I thought this year is gone and when we were beaten by Penrith last year I thought the same thing..........and was right!
I don't really care about this year anymore,we just haven't got the squad to be consistent week to week.
This year is a write off and I only hope we blood some young players for the future and get a few wins against my more hated sides.

What... and Penrith have the squad? ...a better squad than ours?? Surely no.

With good coaching the sum of the team adds up to more than the sum of the individuals e.g. Penrith. The sum of our team ATM is less than the combined talent of individuals.

bottle

Coach
No halves, no centres, no bulk up front.
These areas need addressing or expect more of the same.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Don't know if this is true, maybe OT can help. But heard that this is the 1st time Dragons have been held scoreless at Kogarah since 1950? That's f**ked!

dragonv

Juniors
If we are not seriously considering ripping up Steve Price's contract then we are not serious about pushing for the trophy in the future.

Minh

First Grade
Yes a golden handshake may be in order in the near future with all the perplexing team selections. Tonight all that was needed was Vidot out and Morris in and everything would have been sweet.

Twenty10

Juniors
If we are not seriously considering ripping up Steve Price's contract then we are not serious about pushing for the trophy in the future.

I agree. Selections are a joke... But more so he obviously cannot create any sort of mental steel in the players. Fien must go. Stanley must go. What the f**k is he waiting for.

dragonv

Juniors
We've always been a frustrating team for as long as I can remember but we have never been this poorly managed and we have not looked so useless and lackluster as a team for a very long time.

Chase and Fien won't finish the year in the team but it will be 20 rounds before they get the punt. Time has run its course and opportunities given, Price is not a first grade coach.

FlameThrower

Bench
We've always been a frustrating team for as long as I can remember but we have never been this poorly managed and we have not looked so useless and lackluster as a team for a very long time.

Chase and Fien won't finish the year in the team but it will be 20 rounds before they get the punt. Time has run its course and opportunities given, Price is not a first grade coach.

How can we go from hot and switched on last week. With a great vibe / energy to this rubbish? I can accept a loss, but not like this though, it's like 2 different teams . Dogs next Friday night....oh dear!

Latest posts