What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The end of the road for 2013?

hardbaby

Coach
The squad is poor. We all knew it at the start of the season. But I was stunned by that performance. Beaten in every position, at home, by a wooden spoon favourite that is riddled with injuries.

The Panthers do have two huge things we don't:
1) Juniors that are getting a chance and grabbing it by the balls;
2) A coach who knows what he is doing.

innsaneink

Referee
Don't know if this is true, maybe OT can help. But heard that this is the 1st time Dragons have been held scoreless at Kogarah since 1950? That's f**ked!

ST GEORGE Illawarra players spoke of their embarrassment last night after becoming the first Dragons side to be kept scoreless in 63 years of matches at their famous Kogarah Jubilee Oval. While Penrith charged into the top eight with their shut-out win, the Big Red V was lying in tatters as the players were booed from the field by their fans.
Captain Ben Creagh admitted he was shocked and disappointed to earn the unwanted slice of history in a game they were expected to win.
The Dragons conceded three first-half tries and bombed chance after chance as they fumbled their way to their first scoreless defeat at Kogarah in 427 games........

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...rra-dragons-19-0/story-fni3gfvk-1226650529833

ST GEORGE Illawarra players spoke of their embarrassment last night after becoming the first Dragons side to be kept scoreless in 63 years of matches at their famous Kogarah Jubilee Oval. While Penrith charged into the top eight with their shut-out win, the Big Red V was lying in tatters as the players were booed from the field by their fans.
Captain Ben Creagh admitted he was shocked and disappointed to earn the unwanted slice of history in a game they were expected to win.
The Dragons conceded three first-half tries and bombed chance after chance as they fumbled their way to their first scoreless defeat at Kogarah in 427 games........

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...rra-dragons-19-0/story-fni3gfvk-1226650529833

My God. To learn this - it just got worse.

I hope this level of embarrassment takes the team somehow forward and up.

Nealo 12

First Grade
My God ...thats enough to make me want to sit on the roof and drink a few girlie flavoured breezers.

The Enforcer

Juniors
To be held scoreless at home by a less talented side is the ultimate embarrassment and the frustration for the fans is mounting.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
If we are not seriously considering ripping up Steve Price's contract then we are not serious about pushing for the trophy in the future.

Keep up mate...he just signed a contract extension for a further two years.
Do you honestly think that is going to be ripped up?
Try post something that is not make believe. :sarcasm:

FlameThrower

Bench
My God. To learn this - it just got worse.

I hope this level of embarrassment takes the team somehow forward and up.
...I've never felt so much urge to boo the team as I did last night, as I was leaving the ground, I heard the boos and thought it was for the refs, the team deserved this, if this not a wake up call to the team and Dragons coaching staff thru to the board.

Pugzley

wooden-spoon.jpg

tumbidragon

First Grade

Cheers mate. The players should be disgusted in themselves. If not, then they should not be wearing that gurnsey! Not a fan of booing my team off the park. But an effort like that at the spiritual home of the Red V would make it hard for me not to justify those that did :(

Big man

Juniors
Worse still, is Price's decision to buy Widdop, he is proving to be a average player at best, it's obvious that the big three for the storm can make Justin Bieber look like a first grader.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Don't know if this is true, maybe OT can help. But heard that this is the 1st time Dragons have been held scoreless at Kogarah since 1950?

Gee tumbid I cannot recall us being held to zero at Jubilee full stop. Selective amnesia methinks. :)

Last edited:

Old_Timer

Juniors
Well one thing is for sure, the match against the dogs next friday night will be a watershed in our club's history. Either our players get together and resolve to put some pride back in our jersey as has been done in the past, or we are in for the mother of all hidings.

I take Price out of the equation, because really, what part does he play in it.

getsmarty

Immortal
Yes...and we still need a massive clean out of our roster for next year. Blood Runciman, quinlan and a few others this year...Buy a decent half and some big bopper forwards who can get a roll on in the rucks.

Latest posts