What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The end of the road for 2013?

dragonv

Juniors
at least soward will beat himself up for missing that shot. steven price hasn't once raised his hand to cop and of the flack for our performance this year. he's not transparent with the fans in fact he couldn't even give a toss about us. if he did things would be a lot different.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
lol. You're answering yourself. You're the bright spot in an otherwise unhappy night.

FTR... Richardhead is my middle name.

Have another drink.

And...

Good luck.

"FTR... Richardhead is my middle name". ...i rest my case your honour ...no further comment

I didn't say he was too bad tonight but unless we think we can be a force this season what use is he to us?

We're not going to be doing much in 2013. The best we can hope is to use 2013 to help make us a good team in 2014. Soward is irrelevant for that.

I agree with this, but I will never agree that Soward has no heart, is not trying his best or is the main problem here. (i though he played well tonight, but that's irrelevant for the point I'm making)

It is just pragmatic to take the opportunity to try other options instead of Soward, and others for that matter.

Let's learn!!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
at least soward will beat himself up for missing that shot.
The thing about the last ditched shot is that we didn't really deserve to be there. Don't get me wrong, we had some momentum in the last 10 minutes and if we carried that through into extra time and won, I would have taken it.

But the bottom line is that if you try to win the game in the last 10 minutes, then 90% of the time you will come away with a loss.

I note that when the tables were reversed at a match at Kogarah in 2009, the Canterbury supporters were a lot less gracious in defeat - in fact, they were still whinging about it tonight.

dragonv

Juniors
The thing about the last ditched shot is that we didn't really deserve to be there.

No we most certainly didn't. The first try to the Bulldogs was not a try last week and we should have technically had the game wrapped up.

I don't believe we tried to win the match in the last ten minutes. I believe we tried, with a great deal of incompetence and impotence (thanks steve 'wonder' price) the full 80 minutes only the Bulldogs only seemed to get worse and their fill in wing-3/4 had a shocker of a night. It was another 80 minute struggle against a pretty ordinary opponent on the night and, keeping with tradition of Price teams, was another big fat zero points for the league ladder.

The thing about the last ditched shot is that we didn't really deserve to be there. Don't get me wrong, we had some momentum in the last 10 minutes and if we carried that through into extra time and won, I would have taken it.

But the bottom line is that if you try to win the game in the last 10 minutes, then 90% of the time you will come away with a loss.

I note that when the tables were reversed at a match at Kogarah in 2009, the Canterbury supporters were a lot less gracious in defeat - in fact, they were still whinging about it tonight.

Mate, the doggie supporters are all-round bad people. I grew up in Chester Hill. When I was 10, my neighbour then aged 40, stuck a "berries" flag in my parents garden and stole my red and white flag and never gave it back.

Needless to say, I remain scarred.

I thought then - what a lousy man!

jenninga

First Grade
I want Price supporters to come on here and justify his performance. What did you see tonight that justifies his tenure. Surely there comes a time for reality to sink in.
It's not about being Price supporters .It is about giving the guy a chance.It must have given you great pleasure watching the game and rubbing your hands with glee at another loss.
We all ride the pain of a loss,but not you old man,the excitement you feel so you can tell us all I told you so. Yes we are struggling,but he is the coach of the team we all love and sure it is not working for us,we all know your view and it is getting f#*king tiresome ,as your comments towards supporters who are prepared giving Price a chance are quite offensive.
The club I am sure will make a decision one way or another whether to keep him or replce him ,regardless of his extension,in the meantime,have a go at Price by all means ,but stop criticising us supporters who have a different view to your own.

Old_Timer

Juniors
jenninga I take little joy in seeing the demise of our Club under Coach Price's watch.

True I have been a harsh critic of his ineptitude. But I am also a realist and saw the writing on the wall very early in his tenure. My frustration with Price supporters is that they could not see, what I could.

Sure, so far my view has prevailed, but I take little comfort from that, despite what you erroneously suggest.

My only beef with Price supporters is, how much longer can you support Coach Price when the overwhelming wealth of evidence is that he is a liability rather than an asset.

p.s. Notice that I did not need to resort to gutter language to put my point of view across.

Last edited:
My only beef with Price supporters is, how much longer can you support Coach Price when the overwhelming wealth of evidence is that he is a liability rather than an asset.

My only beef is being referred to as a Price supporter when all I'm doing is supporting the Dragons.

Being a realist - as you put it - must also mean that like me, you realise that the Dragons management will decide who the coach is. Any amount of on-going whinging and protesting on these forums, only ever directed at one individual, is in my view not having a realistic view of where the club has been, where it currently is, and where it is trying to go.

It's like - press the ejector seat button on Price, get him out of the joint, and all will be good again. Surely a person of your experience is realistic enough to know that Rome wasn't built in a day.

And realistically, Price wasn't given a roster that was expected to do much this year. The recruitment is key. And if the guys in NSW cup are ready, they'll get the call up soon.

Let's get real.

jenninga

First Grade
jenninga I take little joy in seeing the demise of our Club under Coach Price's watch.

True I have been a harsh critic of his ineptitude. But I am also a realist and saw the writing on the wall very early in his tenure. My frustration with Price supporters is that they could not see, what I could.

Sure, so far my view has prevailed, but I take little comfort from that, despite what you erroneously suggest.

p.s. Notice that I did not need to resort to gutter language to put my point of view across.
Once again you use the term "Price supporters" ,we are Dragons supporters, where some are willing to give him a chance,me included.And yes patience is running out,but we don't need your gifted football wisdom to continuously tell us I told you so.
Please excuse the frustration ,hence the gutter language.

jenninga

First Grade
:thumn
My only beef is being referred to as a Price supporter when all I'm doing is supporting the Dragons.

Being a realist - as you put it - must also mean that like me, you realise that the Dragons management will decide who the coach is. Any amount of on-going whinging and protesting on these forums, only ever directed at one individual, is in my view not having a realistic view of where the club has been, where it currently is, and where it is trying to go.

It's like - press the ejector seat button on Price, get him out of the joint, and all will be good again. Surely a person of your experience is realistic enough to know that Rome wasn't built in a day.

And realistically, Price wasn't given a roster that was expected to do much this year. The recruitment is key. And if the guys in NSW cup are ready, they'll get the call up soon.

Let's get real.
Really good response,well done.

Old_Timer

Juniors

Drain you give me far more credit than I deserve. Ask yourself, why you find the label of Price supporter so repugnant?

Then ask yourself, who placed that label on you. Did you perhaps unwittingly cast yourself as a Price supporter, or where you dragged kicking and screaming into it by some shady oldish has been, much like a doorstep Jehovah Witness conversion.

Being a realist - as you put it - must also mean that like me, you realise that the Dragons management will decide who the coach is.....

Drain yesterday's ruffle of butterfly wings can be tomorrows cyclone. It just takes the weight of opinion. Silence is the key to entrenchment of learned helplessness.

It's like - press the ejector seat button on Price, get him out of the joint, and all will be good again. Surely a person of your experience is realistic enough to know that Rome wasn't built in a day...

Good point. But I know that even the simpliest of BCC's (Basal Cell Carcinoma) will spread if not removed, and therefore eventually extinguish life itself.

And realistically, Price wasn't given a roster that was expected to do much this year.

So Coach Price was simply a victim of circulstance?

And if the guys in NSW cup are ready, they'll get the call up soon.

Ah yes leopards and their spots!

Let's get real

Amen to that..

Old_Timer

Juniors
Once again you use the term "Price supporters" ,we are Dragons supporters, where some are willing to give him a chance,me included.And yes patience is running out,but we don't need your gifted football wisdom to continuously tell us I told you so.
Please excuse the frustration ,hence the gutter language.

jenninga how about we change the term "Price Supporters" to "persons of a certain disposition". How does that sound? :)

Look I appreciate your frustration, particularly as this has all unravelled so badly for Price, and the difficulty you have reconciling that. But even the most radical "persons of a certain disposition" would surely by now questioning their judgement about Price.

Please believe me, I have no wish to alienate fellow Dragons supporters. Sure we have differing perspectives and I hope that one of our perspectives will quickly prevail over the other. But the Club needs to act swiftly and decisively. And that may be anything from severing Price's tenure, to ever so gently giving him a good kick up the backside and setting performance goals for him to meet.

If we start to see a substantial improvement in our club's on field performance, then the "persons of a certain view" will prevail, and I would have no problem being reminded of my failed campaign twice a day, on here, till I pass on.

Efresh

Coach
OT, with your great age you must realise that we are a long way from the darkest days of the club. We are close to done this year, but there are players coming to join us and we have a lot of strong, positive influences in team who love the club. If results don't improve he will be gone soon enough but based on recruitment and retention he isn't being allowed to do too much damage that isn't repairable.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No we most certainly didn't. The first try to the Bulldogs was not a try last week and we should have technically had the game wrapped up.

I don't believe we tried to win the match in the last ten minutes. I believe we tried, with a great deal of incompetence and impotence (thanks steve 'wonder' price) the full 80 minutes only the Bulldogs only seemed to get worse and their fill in wing-3/4 had a shocker of a night. It was another 80 minute struggle against a pretty ordinary opponent on the night and, keeping with tradition of Price teams, was another big fat zero points for the league ladder.
Yep, all good points. We don't know what would have resulted if the script changed, but it probably should have been 8-6 to us at half time.

Nevertheless, we were just a gear below all night. And Canterbury, well they were nothing to write home about.

Father Ted

First Grade
O T That is a very interesting statement , Very revealing .

It just takes the weight of opinion. Silence is the key to entrenchment of learned helplessness.

Latest posts