What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Euro 2008 thread

fish eel

Immortal
Comparing the Portuguese with the Spanish seems like a natural comparison but they're actually quite different sides. One plays with a lot of width and one up front, the other a packed midfield and two forwards. I don't see how beating the former guarantees you success against the latter.

Anyway, we shouldn't go making assumptions. The Germans could well be facing the Russians.

Yeah, though I'm talking not so much that Germany had success against Portugal, so they should against Spain, rather, they mindset they took into the game. Watching them play Austria and Turkey - they were a different side to the one that played Portugal. Against Austria and Turkey they were much more passive - for example the turks had so much time on the ball this morning.

The success the Germans had in the world cup and qualifying, and against Portugal (all beit with a different formation) was based on a very aggressive style, where they sought to impose themselves from the opening whistle. They need to reproduce that mindset against whoever they play in the final.

If they've passive, they'll get beat.

Torsten Frings will be their most important player IMO.

eastsrule

Bench
Guss+Arshavin= Russia win against Spain

для России !!!!!

RedVGooner

Juniors
seen has impressed me, i must say he has been one of the best or de best in euro.

david villa out of the final

pantherz9103

First Grade
Villa out may be a blow but it looks like Spain have good depth and Torres is due for goals. Spain the only unbeaten team in the tournament and I believe it will finish that way.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Fabregas is just about Spain's best player, and he's been starting on the bench!

So whilst Villa is a loss, they won't lose anything in the way of quality with Cesc replacing him. That is of course assuming Guiza doesn't start instead.

Dragooner

Bench
Whatever happens, if Cesc don't start the next game, Aragones will probably be shot...

Arsenal class being shone on the big stage!

Latest posts