What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Euro 2008 thread

fish eel

Immortal
I don't watch much bundesliga but from what I saw of Manuel Neuer he looked ok. Any reason why he isn't in the squad, along with Timo Hilderbrand and grandpa Lehmann is?

Neuer and Hildebrand were probably unlucky to miss out. Leverkusen's Rene Adler is probably the guy picked ahead of both of them.

Personally, I think Hanover's Robert Enke should be the number 1, and he is in the squad.

As for Lehmann, well if you believe what some people in Germany say he is number and was made number one when Loew picked the squad for the 06 world cup because loew and Lehmann's wife are good friends!

Germany have probably got 3 or 4 guys that could do the job as number 1, and I dont think Jens is one of them.

lolesi

First Grade
No, he should have put the second one away. Scuffed the shot. HIs first chance though, geeze, Klose should have just pulled the trigger, instead he past it but his pass was just half a step in front of Gomez. Klose muffed that IMO.

Pretty good coverage of the game though, with Shearer and Martin O'Neil doing the half time analysis

to me it looked like his foot went over the ball, and mis-timed the kick! though i do agree that Klose should of went himself.

shiznit

Coach
Having good youth teams mean farq all.

Qatar have always had good youth teams but done nothing.

They rely on south americans to do anything.
speaking of good youth sides...
i remember years ago we hosted an u17 world cup in auckland... i remember Brasil won it in a penalty shootout against australia....

ive always wondered if any of that australian squad kicked on..... does anyone here know???

Dutchy

Immortal
709088_w2.jpg

NK Arsenal

Juniors
speaking of good youth sides...
i remember years ago we hosted an u17 world cup in auckland... i remember Brasil won it in a penalty shootout against australia....

ive always wondered if any of that australian squad kicked on..... does anyone here know???

This was our side in the final..

1]
Jess KEDWELL-VANSTRATTAN (GK)
[3]
Shane CANSDELL-SHERRIFF (-93')
[4]
Aaron GOULDING
[5]
Adrian MADASCHI
[6]
Mark BYRNES
[7]
Jade NORTH
[8]
Louis BRAIN
[10]
Lucas PANTELIS (-55')
[11]
Scott MC DONALD (-99')
[16]
Wayne SRHOJ
[17]
Dylan MACALLISTER
  • Substitute(s)
  • [2]
    Shane LOCKHART
  • [9]
    Joe DI IORIO (+55')
  • [12]
    Joshua KENNEDY (+99')
  • [13]
    Iain FYFE (+93')
  • [14]
    Brad GROVES
  • [15]
    Anthony DOUMANIS
  • [18]
    Matthew MILOSEVIC
http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/tournament=102/edition=3611/matches/match=18496/report.html

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Funny difference in styles. Italy played a tactically demanding, rigid Dutch 4-3-3 while the Dutch were far closer to a normal Italian 4-4-1-1 with plenty of pressing, excellent counter-attacking ability, a couple of holding midfielders, a couple of hard working wide players and an attacking midfielder behind a target man.

If Italy, Romania and France play the same in their next two games, it will be Italy and Holland going through.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
ORANJE ORANJE ORANJE!

Go the mighty Dutch!

Wearing my Van der Vaart jersey with pride today!

fish eel

Immortal
What a great game.

I dont think it was a 3-0 match.

RVN a mile off side, then two sensational counter attacking goals. To go from near italian goals to 2-0 and then 3-0 with such great sweeping counter attacking play was beautiful to watch. Italy, I thought, were the better side in the second half, but didnt really look like creating anything until Del Piero came on.

Abz

Juniors
The first goal was offside but the second - that was outstanding.

Either way Italy never made the most of their chances.