What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Euro 2008 thread

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah to be fair to the Swiss they aren't the worst, they did afterall qualify for the last tournament. Still don't rate them too highly.

But Austria are the pits. Even some of their own fans didnt want to see them in the finals because they weren't deserving and would get embarrassed.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Any idea how long Frei is out for? I can't see many goals coming if he's on the sidelines.

Also for those without Setanta- SBS show highlights at 5:30pm pretty much every afternoon from what I can see. As for actual games, NFI.

eastsrule

Bench
Any idea how long Frei is out for? I can't see many goals coming if he's on the sidelines.

Also for those without Setanta- SBS show highlights at 5:30pm pretty much every afternoon from what I can see. As for actual games, NFI.

Tore something in his knee.

Out for a fair while, definitely the tournament.

I fell asleep during the opening ceremony. By the looks of it I'm glad I didn't stay up.

**** I wish england was in though.

Noa

First Grade
Austria finished third at the last World Youth Cup so they seem to be getting there act together.

Should have had a World Cup in there cabinet if it wasnt for those cheating Italians.

fish eel

Immortal
If UEFA are going to have joint hosted tournaments, it should be in countries who are actually decent football sides. it's ridiculous that 1/8th of positions in the finals are being taken up by Switzerland and Austria - the two worst sides in the tournament. Yes the hosts should be there, but it just lowers the quality of the whole tournament somewhat.

Mate, thats harsh on switzerland.

shiznit

Coach
If UEFA are going to have joint hosted tournaments, it should be in countries who are actually decent football sides. it's ridiculous that 1/8th of positions in the finals are being taken up by Switzerland and Austria - the two worst sides in the tournament. Yes the hosts should be there, but it just lowers the quality of the whole tournament somewhat.
if that was the case then England wouldnt have a chance of hosting any competitions...

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Austria finished third at the last World Youth Cup so they seem to be getting there act together.

Should have had a World Cup in there cabinet if it wasnt for those cheating Italians.
Having good youth teams mean farq all.

Qatar have always had good youth teams but done nothing.

They rely on south americans to do anything.

i wish it was on sbs so i can have fozzie commenting on the game. clyde tylsley isnt very technically gifted. i feel like im playing a fifa game.

fish eel

Immortal
good first half between germany and poland. Fast, open game. Germany though should have scored a couple, and do look a bit creaky at the back, lehman not convincing...

fish eel

Immortal
Podolski settles this with his second in the 70th minute.

Masterstroke by Loew to play Podolski on the left.

Germany still have some work to do at the back - Friedrich should come in at right back and Enke for Lehman

Noa

First Grade
Having good youth teams mean farq all.

Qatar have always had good youth teams but done nothing.

They rely on south americans to do anything.

Yes and no.

Im sure the Austrians would be excited about there crop of young players coming through. Certainly better then anything they've had in the last 20 years.

fish eel

Immortal
Gomez should of had 2!

No, he should have put the second one away. Scuffed the shot. HIs first chance though, geeze, Klose should have just pulled the trigger, instead he past it but his pass was just half a step in front of Gomez. Klose muffed that IMO.

Pretty good coverage of the game though, with Shearer and Martin O'Neil doing the half time analysis

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't watch much bundesliga but from what I saw of Manuel Neuer he looked ok. Any reason why he isn't in the squad, along with Timo Hilderbrand and grandpa Lehmann is?