What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Euro 2008 thread

eastsrule

Bench
Watching the Dutch - Italy highlights. What an absolute game.

As someone else said, what a sight the orange fans were.

Well done to the Netherlands. It would be good to see them win the whole thing.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Watching the Dutch - Italy highlights. What an absolute game.

As someone else said, what a sight the orange fans were.

Well done to the Netherlands. It would be good to see them win the whole thing.
the atmosphere in that game was awesome, loved watching it.

in the romania-france game the atmosphere was non-existant and the game was boring

Abz

Juniors
VILLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ssmu4.jpg

Foz

Bench
TBH it doesn't seem that anyone knows the actual rule yet.Guess we will find out later tonight after they have this meeting.

June 9 (Reuters) - A Euro 2008 controversy broke out on Monday over Ruud van Nistelrooy's first goal for Netherlands against Italy with referees and players arguing about an interpretation of the offside law.
Van Nistelrooy scored in the 26th minute of his team's 3-0 Group C win in Berne, turning a fierce drive from Wesley Sneijder past keeper Gianluigi Buffon from close range.
The Italians protested he was offside and video replays showed him in what looked a blatant offside position. Van Nistelrooy and his team mates looked nervously around expecting the linesman's flag as they celebrated the goal.
But later there was confusion about whether Italy defender Christian Panucci had played the Dutch striker onside.
Panucci fell and went off the field of play behind the byline after clashing with other players in the preceding goalmouth scramble and was lying injured on his back when the ball went into the net.
Austrian referees' commission chairman Gerhard Kapl was quoted on the Austrian Web site www.sportal.at as saying the goal was correctly awarded.
"The injured player behind the goal counts as a player on the field and therefore it was not offside," said Kapl.
Predictably, Dutch players said the goal was good and Italian players said it was not.
UEFA were unable to clear up the matter immediately and none of the experts quoted on various TV networks seemed able to point to a rule in FIFA's laws of the game which could clarify the position.
UEFA media official Richard Hurni told Reuters at the stadium: "There won't be anything official tonight. It will probably be at the briefing tomorrow."
Tournament organisers hold a daily media briefing at 0900 GMT. UEFA general secretary David Taylor was due to be at Tuesday's briefing

Somehing we already knew ever since this offside law was brought in.Even they cant make up their own minds on whats offside and whats not.
Get rid of the lazy striker offside option as well and put it back to how it use to be.
Believe me when youre defending even those lazy strikers effect how you defend whether they are deemed to have an effect on play or not.

fish eel

Immortal
First group matches complete.

Most impressive sides have been those who move the ball around and attack - Spain, Netherlands and Germany. I hope thats a trend that continues throughout the rest of the tournament, because if it does, we should see some great games in the later stages.

weasel

First Grade
Yeah, that was a scorcher from Zlatan. I stayed up to watch the first game, which was a bit dumb considering I have an exam today (ironically spanish). All Spain's goals were examples of great counter-attacking and execution. Russia actually dominated in the midfield and really knocked the spaniard's off their usual passing game but the russian defence was a shambles at the back when Spain were able to break.

I was very impressed with Torres, the Russians simply couldn't handle his pace, and Villa has played pretty much his whole career in counter-attacking sides; these two were far above Russia's level. At the back themselves Spain look vulnerable, but going forward they were very entertaining.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Villa said recently that he wants to join Arsenal and said that Valencia have agreed to sell him this season.

weasel

First Grade
lol, I had to laugh when I saw one of you arsenal fans quote his price as 17 million pounds in the transfer rumours thread, next to a price tag of 32 mil for Adebayor. No chance. No less than 25 million for Villa.

Parki

Bench
spain were very good
russia were very bad

i like spain, but will wait till i see them in a few more games before i go proclaiming them as good things

gee torres and villa looked good together though didnt they :)