What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The FIFA 09 Thread

renouf

Juniors
can't wait for this game, if you think fifa 08 is better you have no idea. Euro 08 was awesome on the xbox, a little slow at times, but the movement of the players in euro 08 was brillant, felt so free

The Gambler

Juniors
Wish I had the time to enjoy NFL 09, Tiger Woods 09, FIFA 09, NBA 09 and.............

EA make some quality sports games.

azzah72

Bench
NHL 08 if the best of the Pack, 09 should top that again, better than any other sports games they release, superb

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Just got a call from EB, the bloke says the street date is broken and the game is out now. Thought you'd all like to know.

Can't wait! Been having withdrawal since I traded in 08.

it comes out on thursday doesn't it? ... pretty sure ironman movie and fifa 09 come out on the same day ... looking forward to it ... anybody going to get online?

JT_

Juniors
Just got a call from EB, the bloke says the street date is broken and the game is out now. Thought you'd all like to know.

Can't wait! Been having withdrawal since I traded in 08.

Yep, a mate of mine told me he picked it up today.

I doubt i will though cant be bothered making the walk to EB on George st lol.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
it comes out on thursday doesn't it? ... pretty sure ironman movie and fifa 09 come out on the same day ... looking forward to it ... anybody going to get online?

Official release is Thursday but some shops sold it early so EB are doing the same. Not sure if it's local to me or Australia wide but I have the game, and it's f**king awesome.

Had a really good moment in the game. I was holding possession and the opposition had dropped back into their own half, so my fullbacks pushed up and Evra got the ball. I noticed on the other side of the field Ronaldo was making a run so I used the long pass and Ron got away from his marker and got the pass, then smashed the ball home from close range. It sounds simple but I could never get through passes to work in FIFA 08 and it felt bloody great for my idea to work. Passing is just so good in this game.

Only two downsides I've noticed:
- The height and weight of players is displayed in ft. and lbs. :evil:
- Barça, going on the stats at least, look at be bloody invincible and will be a pain to play against online.

And one major positive for me:
- The game actually appreciates the role of players like Pirlo and Carrick now. Carrick scored a 10/10 rating in my first game without scoring or getting an assist.

Last edited:

hellteam

First Grade
Really can't wait to get this... going to call everywhere tomorow in the hope that i can get it

A question though.... is the game updated to include transfers recently made up to the end of the transfer window? or will i have to download these changes.

Jono078

Referee
Liking it so far.

Only bad thing i've noticed is sometimes a ball will be around a player but they just wont go for it and the opposition will always get it. Really weird.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Really considering getting rid of it already.

I mostly play Manager Mode, and this year those f**king IDIOTS at EA managed to ship the game without a way of editing kit numbers of players. Might sound like a small detail but it really ruins it when Messi scores an amazing goal, then celebrates in his #2 kit, while Gary Neville runs over and celebrates with him in his #9 kit. And I'm sick to death of the way EA ship games out with known glitches and no intent of fixing them until next year's $100 outlay.

wow ... reading the ea forums i highly doubt i'm going to buy fifa 09 ... seems like alot of people are disappointed and at $100 i'm going to wait

Dragooner

Bench
Really that bad? Is it just the minor things like such? Or is there bigger problems? I might lay off buying it for a week, see if I can grab a copy at the video shop before buying...

Yeah I'm always up for a game on 08 Toney.

Latest posts