What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The FIFA 09 Thread

Satsok

Juniors
ok here it is..

my 100% unbiased view of the game..

CONS

- the advantage rule, it is absolute bullsh*t, i did a slide tackle on a bloke, i got the ball clean as a whistle, but i also took out my own player, i ran downfield put in a thru ball and we scored, after the celebration, my guy gets a straight red, for what i am unsure, i think coz i accidently took out my own player..

- kit numbers - as stated above, its not that big of a deal imo, just would be nice if everyone had their proper numbers and sh*t

- fouls - some of these "tackles" that happen either by you or the cpu, are complete sh*t, they should be called fouls and they aren't.. so many times when i was playing online against jay, he would snap me, it wouldnt even look like he got the ball, i just see my guy in the air and then in a heap, play on.. its bullsh*t really..

PROS

graphics - it looks asthetically heaps better, i dont know what they did, but i like it..

be a pro mode - its the only single player stuff ive played atm, but i really like it, im in my second season, i transferred to kilmarnock at the end of the first season after sydney fc dumped me to the reserve team for picking up too many red cards..

ball physics - is like the ball is its own entity now, whereas in previous versions of the game, the ball seemed to stick to the player when he had the ball or would automatically move you to where the ball was going to land.. they've also basically implemented something better than what they had previously, the ball will take different directions and move realistic avenues when it hits a player, or comes off the post etc.

online play - that imo, is completely enough to buy this game, if you like football, and you like versing people to feed your e-ego, then this is a good game.. the only problem is, dont try to smash them in the first half, otherwise they will /rage and dc from the game.. its happened so many times, that it in the ps3 messaging service if i start with you, it automatically comes up with the sentence finished that goes f**king piece of sh*t, i hope you die..

there is probably heaps more that ive forgot to put in, if anyone else wants to chuck it in, be my guest..

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
its happened so many times, that it in the ps3 messaging service if i start with you, it automatically comes up with the sentence finished that goes f**king piece of sh*t, i hope you die..

:lol: Yeah my auto sentences are like that too, I can't type "you" without "f**king little piece of sh*t" automatically entering itself. All from FIFA dropouts too.

Geohood

Bench
Can someone tell me how you're meant to score off a free kick when you're a few metres outside the box? I can do it when I'm like a few cm outside the box but that's about it.

Azkatro

First Grade
I've been frustrated once or twice by the advantage rule playing with Roar, you can be in the centre of the pitch just outside the box, with the ball and advancing .. and then the ref brings it back for your free kick.

Also quite a few times I've had players AND goalkeepers dancing around the ball like it's on fire, they won't go near it no matter what you do. Most of the time it just makes you laugh but sometimes it can be pretty damaging.

Geohood

Bench
Yeah I think that might happen when u have your finger on L2 without the ball... I'm like 'theres an open goal there fking kick that ball 2 metres next to you!!!!'

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Can someone tell me how you're meant to score off a free kick when you're a few metres outside the box? I can do it when I'm like a few cm outside the box but that's about it.

Try holding in R1 (RB on the 360) when you're pressing the shoot button. It's the finesse shot, they're a lot more accurate.

cupid

Juniors
Probably going to pick this up soon, it will be my first Next Gen sports game

hellteam

First Grade
This game is a lot tougher then last years. Been playing on world class, and it really is challenging.

You got to work more for goals and they're way more realistic when you get them, not all the same like the goals you got in 08.

I'm on my 3rd season of manager mode, finished 4th with tottenham first year and 2nd with them the next year. Currently in my 3rd year and still looking for my first piece of silverwear!

I'll give it a go... accept my friend invite you merkin.

City v Bayern is on my friend. Say about 10?

haha i haven't played any ps3 game online since our drunken stoush at 5am - well atleast i was drunk :lol: i'll hook it up and accept it ... 10 is fine ... hit us up just before hand ...

best thing i like about 09 is that players don't run in a straight line against your will like they did in previous editions ... pissed me off having to use that L2+R2 super cancel and then they stop dead and you basically give up chasing the ball ... feels alot like PES in being able to control the player ...

lol i don't see how i can beat sydney fc 4-0 and luca toni gets man of the match with stats like ;

Goals: 0
Assists: 0
Shots: 5

and klose gets a hattrick ... lol whatever that doesn't worry me it's just funny ...

super dooper impressed after one game ... massive step up

online is f**king sh*t in my humble opinion ... the response time between pressing the button and it being executed was utterly ridiculous ...

cupid

Juniors
online is f**king sh*t in my humble opinion ... the response time between pressing the button and it being executed was utterly ridiculous ...
I can't tell the difference between playing by myself or online. Do you have a PS3? I have heard PSN is crap.

yeah i'm on psn ... for me playing online is polar opposite to playing offline ... i played a few games against people of my skill level before i played wheelsy and it was like i was playing 2 seconds behind them but i had a full green connection ... i wasn't in with a chance with any game i played and had to resort to defending ... player response seemed so slow ... by the time the player has responded to what i wanted he's already past me by 10 metres ... atleast 5 times i pressed to shoot in great open space only for it not to shoot straight away and wheelsy comes in and tackles me while my player is just standing like a statue ... offline play is sh*tting on online atm

Latest posts