What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The FIFA 09 Thread

Satsok

Juniors
i got it yesterday from game at liverpool for $79.. ive only played a few games in be a pro mode, i made my own guy and put him in at sydney fc..

it seems like a solid game, im really enjoying it.. theyve made the ball its own entity similar to PES and its a lot harder to master, well ive found anyway, or maybe im just a nub..

all this negative publicity is a bit much i think, that being said ive only played for 6-7 games.. but i quite enjoy it, but that being said, i get over my console games in a month.. so i think it will be the stop gap measure to tide me over til wotlk comes out..

salivor

First Grade
Those of you that have brought the game, I've downloaded the demo for 360 and I was really disapointed in the gameplay compared to 08. It just has a really crowded feeling, like there are 20 bloody players on the field, passing just doesn't feel acurate enough and defence was bloody frustrating. Is that true to how the game plays? If so then I might pass and grab a cheap copy of 08 for my 360 instead.

Geohood

Bench
Is it just me or is really hard to play on the two higher levels for the demo?

^I agree I have ps3 though

Azkatro

First Grade
Played a quick game before and it seems promising enough. The only impression for me so far is that I am disappointed at how choppy a few parts of the game get, graphics wise.

hellteam

First Grade
Been playing it all day. It's harder to keep the ball for periods of time because the field feels more crowded then in 08. Hard to get use to at first but I'm getting more used to it

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
wow ... reading the ea forums i highly doubt i'm going to buy fifa 09 ... seems like alot of people are disappointed and at $100 i'm going to wait

Personally, apart from the kit numbers thing there isn't anything wrong with it that I have seen. But it can't hurt to wait anyway.

I know it's petty but I can't enjoy this game because of the kit number problem. It just makes me angry that these incompetent morons are raking in millions off a game and they go and release it with such an obvious error. They mustn't have even tested manager mode to miss it. And manager mode is about all I play anyway, I can't enjoy seeing a young guy like Possebon progress into a first team player while he still wears #34 and my goalkeeper is wearing #4.

i feel the same way because small stuff like that is annoyance especially on a budget like EA something that has been in fifa games since around RTWC 98 suddenly has disappeared from 2009? that's garbage ... so is not having night games in manager mode what's up with that :? ... there's already a petition on the ea.co.uk forum i was checking to have a patch to fix this number problem but i highly doubt anything will come of it

maelgwnau

Juniors
hey guys

Just picked it up from Jb HiFi for $79

its pretty good looking forward to update evry week

hellteam

First Grade
No way 09 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. Already finished a season with Tottenham and its so much more realistic and all round better then 08. Gets better as you go up levels too

DB

First Grade
Bought it today... 79 from JB on ps3. Really enjoying it so far. It is such a step up from my old ps2 games.

shear_joy9

Coach
the game's more frustrating than it is fun.

so many errors in the game; the advantage rule for one, makes me go insane..

yes and online is fun..... vs manu, vs manu, vs manu...

I think this game is an example why fifa (and most sports games) should only be released every two years

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
so many errors in the game; the advantage rule for one, makes me go insane..

Glad you brought it up.

Just had a game against some pommy bloke online (with a surprisingly good connection). He was Liverpool, I was United (it was the rivalry room).

It was 2-2, then Torres busts though the defence so I tackle him from behind with Vidic, straight red, no arguments from me, but somehow amongst all of that Patrice Evra managed to get sent off aswell. I hadn't even controlled Evra at all during the game and it didn't show the animation of him getting a red, I only noticed because I was yelling at the TV about Evra pushing too far up the pitch and tried to sub him.

Then with 9 men, I get a brilliant pass away to Ronaldo and he's through, 1 on 1 with the keeper but the ref blows the whistle. I thought he must have been offside, next thing I know I'm taking a free kick on the halfway line. The f**king game was playing advantage for a foul so far off the ball I didn't even see it, and the ref called the foul because Ronaldo was dribbling with the ball just a bit too far away from him so they thought I'd lost it.

F**king EA! For what it's worth, I did win the game on penalties :).

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Overall yes but alot of things are worse. The offline modes need real attention but the online modes and the gameplay in general is much better.

salivor

First Grade
Brought it yesterday and I'm loving it, it plays a lot better than the demo. There's definitely some flaws but the improvements on 08 far out weigh those. IMO it's worth the purchase just for the improved be a pro alone.

Latest posts