What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The FIFA 09 Thread

i had a bit of lag in the first and second bit it got bad in the third ... was it the fourth that was raining? f**k that was killing me ... manual passing is some serious shiznit and in third all my passes were too heavy and fourth all were too soft ... one on one's are killing me violently

when you tried that halfway shot again and rensing did the same action of going back and chesting it i had a heart attack but lucky he didn't let it in again ...

yeah we should get a bayern/citeh banner and just update the score progressively lol you know i'll be back like yo-yo's just a matter of time :cool: ...

Tom Shines

First Grade
Yeah I thought that was raining, but I didn't see rain? Took me a while to realise all my passes were f**ked. I use assisted short passing, but manual through balls which was my main method of attack.

The lag was pissing me off, a few times I went to the by-line with Robinho and the cross was all set up, and he just kept running over the line.

Satsok

Juniors
toney you are a prick.. everytime im clear on goal.. u dont wait for the one on one with the keeper ur defenders hack me down from behind! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

dw, im going to get your keeper sent off one of these games and i will laugh.. ive figured out how as well :D

come on now i got sent off for demichelis slidding in and getting the ball and your player didn't even fall to the ground and you hacked luca toni from behind and got a yellow card ... one on one's are still killing me

what's this lost connection sh*t when i'm leading 3-0??

there needs to be a practice mode instead of the arena i don't get enough free kicks in games in good areas to practice ... manual controling is slightly different to the last game i'm sending short passes too long and through passes too short so i've resorted to using through passes for short ones and short ones for through balls :? if it makes sense ...

Satsok

Juniors
dude, i swear to you i didnt rage quit that game, it 100% dropped out.. no bullsh*t.. same way it dropped out when i was leading 2-0..

so dont give me that sh*t!

Tom Shines

First Grade
come on now i got sent off for demichelis slidding in and getting the ball and your player didn't even fall to the ground and you hacked luca toni from behind and got a yellow card ... one on one's are still killing me

what's this lost connection sh*t when i'm leading 3-0??

there needs to be a practice mode instead of the arena i don't get enough free kicks in games in good areas to practice ... manual controling is slightly different to the last game i'm sending short passes too long and through passes too short so i've resorted to using through passes for short ones and short ones for through balls :? if it makes sense ...

Sent you a PM Toney.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Anyone playing on 360?

The number error in manager mode is f**king ridiculous, I just signed Messi and he is given #2. What a joke!! Did they not test this and realise the mistake?

Apart from that, the advantage rule is f**ked and some tackles are pathetic and go unpunished/punished in various instances.

Also, how stupid does it look just before kick-off when all players are shaking their legs and warming up - looks ridiculous.

Apart from all that, its pretty damn good.

hellteam

First Grade
Does anyone find this game wayyy too easy? I am doing manager mode started world class took me a while to win a premiership on that now i moved to bayern munich am playing on legendary and havent lost for 23 games and am on a 10 game winning streak and in the finals of both the cups. i havent even been scored against in 15 games !!!!

is there any way to make the game harder ? what is the manaul control of shots someone was talking about and how do you turn it on.

Last edited:

Kola Emcee

Juniors
Hey you guys who've been playing against each other in this thread, have you been playing via Direct IP or using Online mode? Wouldn't mind having a game or two with you blokes :)

online mate ... do you have a ps3 or xbox?

Sent you a PM Toney.

i'll be taking that banner off you mate :p

i forget the first game score (funny how you forget the one's you lost) but the 3-2 game was 5 f**king sick goals especially the low pass to ribery for the game winner ... 4-0 schermozzle LMAO @ that goal i scored from like 45 out after i ran away from the box because i felt bad about the opening goal ... and 2-0 what can i say? i let you off twice and decided to give the half way shot a try lol

look forward to dancing again ...

Does anyone find this game wayyy too easy? I am doing manager mode started world class took me a while to win a premiership on that now i moved to bayern munich am playing on legendary and havent lost for 23 games and am on a 10 game winning streak and in the finals of both the cups. i havent even been scored against in 15 games !!!!

is there any way to make the game harder ? what is the manaul control of shots someone was talking about and how do you turn it on.

that sounds pretty realistic to me :cool:

go to wireless control set up and put everything to manual ... best to play some friendly matches for a while to get used to it especially shooting ... one on one's with manual shooting is destroying my life

i forget which game it was but did you notice i did a back pass and rensing did a paolo di canio scissor kick ? WTF was that ???!!! i almost had a heart attack ...

the 3-2 game was too good if only we could have saved it and uploaded it ... another round of quality matches though, i look forward to the next stoush

Tom Shines

First Grade
That was the third game... from 45 to 80 I don't reckon you touched the ball.
I f**ked up hard in defence, and then that cracker from about 35 out...

Nice banner by the way...

it looks superb :cool:

in that game at half time i switched to a diamond because i tried to plug midfield ... yeah kind of backfired until finally i could make changes which was like the 80th ... fourth game was pretty good even though it was tight ... i couldn't score off those two i felt bad after the first one i scored off in the third haha

Kola Emcee

Juniors
Haha this is hilarious! I was playing a match between St George (my own custom team haha) and QLD Roar. I get called up for offside... but then for some reason the free kick goes to ME! And look what I'm greeted with...

my.php

And I tap it in for the easiest of goals! Has this ever happened to anyone else?

JT_

Juniors
I got a question:

Can you set the weather of the game in exhibition mode or is it just a random ocurrence?