What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The FIFA 09 Thread

Satsok

Juniors
Tell them about the penalty shootout victory for you after I missed an open goal at least 3 times :lol:.

You're bloody invincible in those shootouts. I actually yelled out "HOW THE f**k DOES HE KNOW WHICH WAY IM GOING EVERY TIME!". You should throw 10 defenders on the pitch every game.

But you were damn unlucky in that a-league game, I was just trying to kick the ball out so my strikers could come on for the shootout, next thing Zullo picks it up and I've won :eek:. I actually felt bad for that.

that penalty shootout doesnt count, if u couldnt tell i was f**king around that whole game, every tackle i did was a slide, like every tackle outside the box at least.. coz i couldnt tell who was who, we did a poor choice of kits..

nah im like pro at the penalty shootouts, i just usually tell which way the shot is coming based upon the body movement of the spot kick taker.. its a bit freaky but ive been good at it since like 07..

lol first game we played, how u went man utd and i went atletico, and i save cristiana poonaldos penalty and went on to win in penalties.. :D :D

Satsok

Juniors
ALSO, anyone keen on a FIFA 09 PS3 online league thing?

not sure exactly how it works, but ill invite everyone to it..

salivor

First Grade
I've gotta say the manager mode is very disappointing. I've got the the end of my first season with the Wellington Pheonix and I thought it would be a gradual work your way up the ranks in terms of clubs setup instead I can pick any club side in the world now to manage. Completely takes the fun out of the career mode personally.

Satsok

Juniors
I've gotta say the manager mode is very disappointing. I've got the the end of my first season with the Wellington Pheonix and I thought it would be a gradual work your way up the ranks in terms of clubs setup instead I can pick any club side in the world now to manage. Completely takes the fun out of the career mode personally.

want a managerial experience? wait for FM09

want super happy mega fun online play against random people? play fifa :D

cupid

Juniors
Start in the A-league and play on legendary, it's not so easy after that.

The Tank

Bench
I've noticed a major glitch on FIFA 09. I was playing in the Premier League and according the ladder Spurs actually won a game. Very unrealistic. Bloody EA! :)

salivor

First Grade
I don't know I thought it was pretty accurate. In mine Liverpool started off the season at the top of the table and by the end that'd been relegated, how more accurate can you get?

Dragooner

Bench
Only played a bit...my verdict.

Be-a-pro: Absolutely genius, so much fun playing as yourself. I was caught up in Adelaide fever so I started as them, and I played for the Socceroos before the Adelaide first team? I got promoted to the first team after receving a rating of 6.8 and got dropped from the first team a few weeks after for scoring a hat-trick and getting a 9.9 rating??? Strange but great fun. You also earn EXP very fast, I've played like 15 games overall (international, reserve, first team) and I am already 71 or something from 60? I'll be 80-90 before I leave Adelaide...you can change clubs right?

Manager mode gets to you at times, otherwise great stuff. Kit no. Far out they make me flip. A striker wearing no.4? A CB in the no.9...can't I just at least swap them. But I like custom tactics, always fun. (As the Gunners on proffesional I only beat Spurs 4-0...Vela hat-trick and Fabregas goal...only 4? Definetly not realistic enough)

Yet to play online, will try get on soon (nikolicious10).

Also one-on-ones are a bitch, perfect through ball, one-on-one, keeper more often than not saves, finnesse shots either go over or wide? I have more success chipping the keeper or stopping dead, sprinting sideways and finishing from there. Shots from 18-25yds are much easier to nail now as well.

Last edited:

hellteam

First Grade
One-on-ones were hard at first... But now I'm four seasons in on Manager mode you get used to it and they get easier. Just gotta shoot differently to how you do in 08 cause the goalie reacts different.

Haha well I play as Spurs and I beat Arsenal in the FA Cup final... how realistic is that !

My social life is gradually declining from this game.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Question regarding the Be-A-Pro mode -

Talking about the non-PC version? I've got the PC version and I see nothing in my BAP game about national team, reserves, promotion etc?

alright Satsok i'm in for that online league ...

are we going to set up a online club or whatever that sh*t is?

professional has become the semi pro of past games ... i got 8 games into my first season of manager mode and had to switch it to world class because of too many 5,6,7 nil wins

2-1 win over bremen in the cup using reserve players on world class is the best victory so far :cool:

umm they haven't done that for a while ... just play for wellington then in danish league then in league one then a lowly premiership team ... that's how i do it ... but for fans of big teams it sucks you didn't get to play your team until like the 4th season and the majority of players are gone

Last edited:
One-on-ones were hard at first... But now I'm four seasons in on Manager mode you get used to it and they get easier. Just gotta shoot differently to how you do in 08 cause the goalie reacts different.

Haha well I play as Spurs and I beat Arsenal in the FA Cup final... how realistic is that !

My social life is gradually declining from this game.

since you're 4 seasons in and i haven't reached the first winter transfer window ... have you found big name goalkeepers playing for sh*t teams like they did in fifa 08? for example van der sar playing for sunderland or something ridiculous like that?

don't lie ... i saw your ipod playlist

bahahaha that two post strike was gold! ... that half way shot was bullsh*t especially considering i brought it back to 3-2 and even more gutted i hit the post from halfway but still it was funny ...

demichelis sent off after 5 seconds didn't help but to keep coming back like that was some dogs of war chit oh yeah ... i'll be back next time ... the citeh bayern war continues

Tom Shines

First Grade
Yeah that half way goal was good, and you almost did it from that kick-off! Would have been three goals in about 10 seconds.

I had serious lag in the first game, and that second one, f**k me I almost broke the control when Robinho and Jo hit the post. Went to a more attacking formation in game three and four and it showed, I could have had a few more but blew some one-on-ones.

That last game was a beauty, real end to end stuff. If Demicheles didn't make that tackle it was 1-0 after two minutes, so the red card was justified.

So Wheelsy wins that one 3-2 after losing the first two.

We will meet again Toney, we need to have a banner that the winner wears I reckon.

Latest posts