What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Finals-2024

Gareth67

First Grade
F I wished the Dragons got those bullshit calls that the Rorters get.
This is a classic match-up of the league’s 2 biggest cheats , the league’s 2 biggest whining coaches when things don’t go their teams way , plus the league’s 2 most dirtiest teams .

What more could a NRL fan want ? For what it is worth I hope that the rorters win and then we will be able to watch Bellamy tear his hair out while screaming foul words to all and sundry .

Now that is a night’s entertainment !

56to66

Juniors
This is a classic match-up of the league’s 2 biggest cheats , the league’s 2 biggest whining coaches when things don’t go their teams way , plus the league’s 2 most dirtiest teams .

What more could a NRL fan want ? For what it is worth I hope that the rorters win and then we will be able to watch Bellamy tear his hair out while screaming foul words to all and sundry .

Now that is a night’s entertainment !
Sorry Bro have to go with the purple cheats, goes back to the 1999 GF where most of our Sydney rivals wanted the Storm to beat us.

Gareth67

First Grade
Sorry Bro have to go with the purple cheats, goes back to the 1999 GF where most of our Sydney rivals wanted the Storm to beat us.
Yes your right , they did harbour a jealousy that the Dragons had the best of both St.George and Illawarra players in our team at that time .

Still if Mundine ( just before halftime ) had only passed the ball out his supports ( McGregor I believe ) then the game would almost certainly been put out of Melbournes reach .

The pain is still raw .

56to66

Juniors
Yes your right , they did harbour a jealousy that the Dragons had the best of both St.George and Illawarra players in our team at that time .

Still if Mundine ( just before halftime ) had only passed the ball out his supports ( McGregor I believe ) then the game would almost certainly been put out of Melbournes reach .

The pain is still raw .
I am sure it was Timmins and Wishart on his left, to this day I believe, if Mundine passes that ball they score, the flood gates open, we win by 30, however the NRL and Bill Hollywood had other plans.

Please get rid of the Junker
Why don't the commentators ever bring up St George's record winning GF streak,

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
I am sure it was Timmins and Wishart on his left, to this day I believe, if Mundine passes that ball they score, the flood gates open, we win by 30, however the NRL and hBill Hollywood had other plans.

Please get rid of the Junker
Why don't the commentators ever bring up St George's record winning GF streak,
Yes , those gentlemen were waiting for the pass that never came , Mundine had to be a hero . 😳

As to today’s commentators never mentioning the Saints legendary reign over the competition off your distinguished Avatar I believe that the NRL is attempting to go into a new era . You only need to listen to the phrases spoken by the commentators of today .

‘’ The End zone “ is one that is frequently spoken about , then the layout off the field with 10 metres etc. all the way to the opposition’s 10 metres . Whatever happened to the 25 halfway etc. ? The game is being modernised so
that it slowly becomes a hybrid of the NFL - that way the American audience can understand our game better , a far more polished product to sell .

Perhaps I am going a bit too far , but I am certain that if our current NRL bosses can make a dollar from changing the basics of the game they will do so . That is why St.George great era is no longer mentioned by the Tele fraternity - out with the old , in with the new .

Merely my take upon it .

justadragon

Bench
How the hell did we ever beat the storm ? Anyway tonight showed us why speed is such an important factor, and we are one of the slowest in the NRL.

Latest posts