What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fish.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
3. The first two were just extraordinary displays of speed.

I have noticed he doesn't always use his speed unless he has the ball. Particularly on D, he won't work hard to get himself in position, which is what I noticed when he played wing last season.

Izz

Bench
I have noticed he doesn't always use his speed unless he has the ball. Particularly on D, he won't work hard to get himself in position, which is what I noticed when he played wing last season.
Yeah, there were a couple times today where i thought he could've put himself in position to make a play at stopping a try, but didn't.

Skinner

Coach
Yeah, there were a couple times today where i thought he could've put himself in position to make a play at stopping a try, but didn't.

Well, when you are in decision mode on a player making the team or not, that is exactly the sort of thing that coaching departments watch for.

TheDMC

Bench
Well, when you are in decision mode on a player making the team or not, that is exactly the sort of thing that coaching departments watch for.

Locke limped off near the end of the game....might finally be fish time next week. I just wanna see him play. And Inu of course.

Warmess

Juniors
Came off with a hamstring strain. No tear apparently. Don't think it's anything serious at all. Don't think Lockes is too serious either, but might wanna keep him back a week just to be sure.

TheDMC

Bench
Came off with a hamstring strain. No tear apparently. Don't think it's anything serious at all. Don't think Lockes is too serious either, but might wanna keep him back a week just to be sure.

right, thanks. Keep Locke back a week just so we can see the fish in action I reckon, rotation policy.

Meth

Staff member
I want to see Fisiiahi too, but that's a band aid solution. If Fisiiahi plays well, then what? No no, if Locke is fit, he plays.

Locke Vs. Fish who will it be? Man it's great to be a Warriors fan right now. Rest Kevin give Glen a punt. He has speed the NRL would cream for can only imagine Channel 9 wankfest when they witness him at his best.

Last edited:

Izz

Bench
Locke does a tonne defensively that i don't think the Fish can do yet. I agree with Meth. If Locke's fit, play him.

Micistm

Bench
Locke does a tonne defensively that i don't think the Fish can do yet. I agree with Meth. If Locke's fit, play him.

I agree. I love the Fish, but Locke is still better all round. I like the way Fish has bulked up- hadn't seen him for a while until today. But he has a way to go defensively. He's destined to be yet another something special though.
Should Locke be needing a week though, I'd be stoked for the young fella to get a shot, definately deserving.

hitman82

Bench
Yeah the Fish still looks like he has concentration lapses or simply doesn't position himself correctly at times, but he's definitely looking bigger and stronger... and fast as. I think he'd go well in the NRL but only if Locke is a risk of further injury if he plays.

playdaball

Bench
I believe that the Fish should be in the 17 ahead of Hurell.

Konrad's defence game is not great (not unexpected). I was watching him vs GC and he totally misread the play despite having Ropati talking to him (from the wing). If Hurell spent some time in the Vulcans he'll be a better player on his return to the Warriors.

Meth

Staff member
I believe that the Fish should be in the 17 ahead of Hurell.

Konrad's defence game is not great (not unexpected). I was watching him vs GC and he totally misread the play despite having Ropati talking to him (from the wing). If Hurell spent some time in the Vulcans he'll be a better player on his return to the Warriors.

Yeah, I think relying on Ropati's read of the play is a case of 'the blind leading the blind'

Latest posts