What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
St George
St George - Illawarra
Canterbury
Bulldogs
Brisbane
Many
Glebe
Newtown
Melbourne
Newcastle
Canberra
Souths
Wests
Balmain
Wests-Tigers
Cronulla
Parramatta
Auckland
NZ Warriors
Norths
Penrith
Illawarra
Nrth Eagles
Western Reds
Hunter
Adelaide
Nth Qld
Sth Qld
Gold Coast
University
Cumberland
Annandale
Easts
Roosters

Cripes mate, were Western Reds ever known as the Perth Reds?

lol, just kidding, top effort mate, i do believe you have covered them all

Easts/Roosters and Bulldogs/Canterbury are technically the same club, just with a different name

Anyways, well done mate, over to you, 32 clubs in total! (is that a thing to be proud of?) lol

Moffo

I'm not sure if an AFL question has been asked as yet (do you blame me for not searching?), but I've had one handed to me by a good buddy from south of the border.
<u>Question:</u> Cat's Gary Ablett took a screamer and official"Mark of the Year" in A) What season? - and B) Name the player he climbed all over to accomplish it?
Can't hang aroundfor too long (only a few minutes)but will check in later this arvo.

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Mate, I'm almost positive the year it happened was the mid to late eighties era (I'll guess 1987) but buggered if I can remember the player he jumped on to take the mark. I remember the mark very clearly though. A beauty!
Is the year correct?
Good question mate.

I remember it on all the AFL replays. Im pretty sure it was at Shell Stadium, im going to say it was 1989 (they were pretty good then, right?). Player he climbed over...hmmm, something says to methat they were playingEssendon, but as for a player, id be lost!

Cheers,
Moffo

If my aging and intoxicated memory serves me for a change here, I'm pretty sure the player he hopped on to grab that screamer was a Geelong team mate. I'd be stuffed if I know the year though.... I'll guess 1982.

I remember this mark very clearly. I was living in Broad Meadows - Victoria at the time. It was in the 1985 season and the player he hopped onto for the grab was team mate Mark "Jacko"Jackson.
It was backpage news the following day and journos were asking Jackson "what it was like to have "God" climbing all over you"......or something like that.
Cheers - Aaron C.

I'm pretty sure my answer is correct.
However I'm still tied up with work and family dutiesat the moment and will not be able to participate in this thread. I'm just starting to get back on board here following a long layoff, but not quite ready to make the transitionjust yet. Soon I hope.
If I am correct, I'd like to pass on my turn to Willow. He did get the year correct before anyone elseand I couldn't think of a better bloke than a fellow Dragons man. :)
Of course this all afterReserviour Dog gives the signal.
Cheers all - Aaron C

Right on Aaron. :)
Mate that happened almost 20years ago and you relived it like it was last season with the newspaper article you noted. Good memory that mate. Well done mate.
And as you requested in your post - over to you Willow.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't think I'm deserving - thanks to Aaron C for passing it on.

Name the RL backrower who played for Australia against PNG in 1996 but never played at State level.
Hint: he played in three grand finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts