What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou Mr. Bash.
What was J.J. Giltinan's first (very next upon returning)involvement withRugby Leaguesince the financial troubles of the "Pioneer Kangaroos" sent him bankrupt and off the NSWRL board?
I can't around hang for long.

O

ozbash

in that case, they named a shield in his honour after his death in the early 50,s
the jj giltinan shield.

"Was he later involved with the Referees association"
He may have been Willow at some time mate, but not very next upon returning to rugby league after the troubles of the "Pioneer Kangaroos" sent him bankrupt and off the NSWRL board.
Hint: It's out there on the internet. That's where I hunted the question down from.
Search Engine anyone?

Yes Sir! :)
The Annandale RL club was formed by J.J. Giltinan in his first involvement with the game since the financial troubles of the "Pioneer Kangaroos" sent him bankrupt and off the NSWRL board. Returning with Annandale was a triumph in itself for Giltinan - there seemed to be little long-term benefit for the NSWRL to include "The Dales" in the competition.
I'll do a Grubrunner here and show the link: http://www.rl1908.com/Clubs/Annandale-Rugby-League.htm

Willow

Assistant Moderator
A very good site too from a committed supporter of the game. :)

Ok....

Who were the first team in the Sydney premiership to adopt a jersey sponsor (that is, splashed across the chest/ribs) and who were the sponsors?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
We got an email from him ages ago. His name eludes me for the moment.
A fella by the name of Sean Fagan seems to be the author of most of the material.

The team and sponsor I'm thinking of was before 1981.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
There was a hint btw.. but I'll put it in bold to make a bird of it.

Who were the first team in the Sydney premiership to adopt a jersey sponsor (that is, splashed across the chest/ribs) and who were the sponsors?

That was my deletion above this. I was testing something to post on a new thread. Thought I'd test it before screwing up the boards.
Keep and eye out for it. It's a
emstar.gif
emstar.gif
emstar.gif
emstar.gif
emstar.gif
rating....I think

Status
Not open for further replies.