What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vertigo

Sorry for the hold up.
In AFL, only once ever in the games history have four brothers from the same family played in the same game.
Name the brothers and for an extra point name the NSW country town they originated from.
Clue: Three of the four brothers at one time played for the same club.
V.

V

Vertigo

No not the Sav brothers, Res-Dog.
I thought there was only two of them that played in the AFL. Was there two more?
Sav and Anthony Rocca and?
V.

V

Vertigo

The Daniher brothers (Terry, Neale, Chrisand Anthony)werefrom the small Northern RiverinaNSW town of Ungarie.
Well done Willow.
V.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
According to Geoff Greenwood, editor of 'Australian Rugby League's Greatest Games', whichRL game is rated as the 'GAME OF THE CENTURY' ?

V

Vertigo

St George v Parramatta, at the Sydney Cricket Ground, 17th September 1977
V.

V

Vertigo

Thanks Willow.
What is the smallest winning margin in a Rugby League Grand Final?
V.

V

Vertigo

Actually Willow, that is also incorrect.
So that leaves zero points being the lowest winning margin.
But can someone tell me why or howthis is so?
V.

This is a trick question and a very good one at that...I'm guessing.
The actual answer is 0 points.
It was the Newtown v South Sydney grand finalplayed on 17-Sep-1910 at theRoyalAgricultural Ground. At the fulltime siren, both sides were locked at 4-all. But because there was no extra time played in those days (I'm assuming), Newtown were awarded the grand final and premiersbecause they finished minor premiers in the regular season.
So the winning margin was zero points because there was a winner..Newtown.
I don't know if I'm right but either way excellent question Vertigo. :)
'fan-baller

Willow

Assistant Moderator
uh oh... I know where this is heading... is0 a number? How can we have a 'margin' of zero? Seem to recall a debate like this that went on for days.

If that is the answer... very clever stuff V. :)

V

Vertigo

Sorry fan-baller.
You posted exactly the same time I did, that I didn't bother to check until Willow just posted.
You are 100% correct. Your explaination is also spot on, so there's not much else for me to add. Actually your explaination is better than what mine would have been, because I didn't know the exact day it was played or where the venue was.
If I may ask; did you know the answer or did you search for it?
Either way, well done indeed.
I never even thought the number "0" being questionable as a winning margin, Willow. Glad that's out the way. Huh?
V.

Status
Not open for further replies.