What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

TheDalek079

Bench
Slats shouldn't do the lookalikes. All he goes on about is how the next one is a ripper and what an excellent segment it is. the presenter shouldn't be blowing his own trumpet.

And Beau knows was shyte again.

the Big Marn with the kids is funny like always

SYMHM was a lot better with Vossy

Fatty is still ok

and having Braith's dropgoal as that moment was great

Armageddon.

Juniors
does anybody else think there is something dodgy about the kick for cash?
40m isnt an easy kick and last night the guy kicked it well past the posts (50+)
There is something funny looking about how the ball goes through the air, almost like it floats.

The Gambler

Juniors
Yeah i no, he has been trained as a cricket commentator and it just doesnt fit it with the League personalities.
It is a bit awkward at the moment, but the panel needs time to get comfortable with each other. The chemistry is missing.

It is blatanly obvious that Slats is a far more 'professional' presenter than the others, which makes him stick out like a sore thumb at present.

cleary89

Coach
I was one of the if you don't like it don't watch people last year.

Finally admitted to myself after round 1 it's a piece of crap, watched old seinfeld repeats instead.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I was one of the if you don't like it don't watch people last year.

Finally admitted to myself after round 1 it's a piece of crap, watched old seinfeld repeats instead.

People always have a morbid fascination with watching car wrecks.

It is trash and reflective of how far behind the NIne Network have slipped since the Big Fella carked it.

gUt

Coach
I understand why some people still rate it. Maybe they have pay TV and/or digital channels available, maybe they don't. At least it's rugby league related and it's on the teev.

My problem with it is just because channel 9 goes out of their way to appeal to the lowest common denominator in every other aspect of its programming - except perhaps the cricket - doesn't give it the right to make rugby league appear to be the sole province of brainless fart/fat/Fatty jokes and nothing else.

The NRL is ready to move on from its boofhead days but shows like TFS want to firmly anchor it there.

BrisbaneRhino

Juniors
I agree with gut. There's room for daft humour etc, but why does 9 seem to see league fans as morons? Don't worry, its only an RL show, make a fart gag of throw a pie in someone's face.

Suitman

Post Whore
People always have a morbid fascination with watching car wrecks.

It is trash and reflective of how far behind the NIne Network have slipped since the Big Fella carked it.

Yep.

He would have pulled this show quicker than Mulray's.
I watched for an extended period last night for the first time for years, and could not believe how seriously appalling it is.
I know they are trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator in rugby league, but didn't realise that they could actually reach lower than that.
Absolutely terrible tv.

Suity

Brutus

Referee
Rugby league fans are well within their rights to complain about this show.

After all, it's a show that represents the game they follow with a passion.

And as a league fan, I naturally will turn it on a couple of times during the year in the hope it has improved, but I'm almost always disappointed.

Yoda

Juniors
Each year you think it's impossible for Channel to make The Footy Show worse. But they do, week after week.

I lose 5 IQ points for every minute I watch the rubbish.

undertaker

Coach
Benji Marshall on the show yet again...:roll:Talk about flogging a dead horse. Fantastic player, but can't Ch9 find other players to put on the panel?

Slats trying his best...but this is deja vu of what happened with Laurie Daley in 2008. Slats clearly doesn't fit in with TFS culture and stands out like a sore thumb

And LOL and Thurston's laugh:lol:. One of the funniest laughs I've heard

Latest posts