What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

undertaker

Coach
i reckon Slats goes alright. Daley sucked on 9 and Fox

His second stint on 9 - which only lasted one year (2008) - was definitely a forgettable moment for him. At least in his first stint (as occasional guest panelist), he was remembered for that infamous night where a girl licked cream off his, Crusher Cleal's and Blocker's feet:lol::lol:Oh boy, didn't the Ch9 switchboards go off deluxe that night! (does anyone remember this incident?). The fact he was still playing for the Raiders at the time didn't enhance his reputation

In his 2nd stint as permanent panelist, he barely got a word in on TFS as Fatty, Chief and Matty ran the whole show, and couldn't even get a regular commentary position on the matches. It's little wonder why he went back to Fox.

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Now they're hitting golf balls at Mario...gee, some rivetting television right here. Everything from the close up mirror, constant change of camera angles, dumping flour on Mario, covering Mario's office cubicle with aluminium foil, stuffing his car with plastic balls....I mean, what's next? Defecating on Mario?

Seriously, are the producers of the show still stuck in a timewarp from 1998?

Last edited:

docbrown

Coach
I did laugh when Broham asked one of the kids what he wanted to be when grew up and he said a gyprocker. It was just very honest and humble.

undertaker

Coach
Girds! Oh, why doesn't he have more of a role on the show? Such a waste of talent! He'd do much better than Big Marn

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Now they're hitting golf balls at Mario...gee, some rivetting television right here. Everything from the close up mirror, constant change of camera angles, dumping flour on Mario, covering Mario's office cubicle with aluminium foil, stuffing his car with plastic balls....I mean, what's next? Defecating on Mario?

Seriously, are the producers of the show still stuck in a timewarp from 1998?

Channel 9 as a whole still thinks its 1998. The shows core demographic from that era - Gen X - has grown up. I don't think they realise this.

They haven't attracted Gen Y'rs and the Baby Boomers always thought they were idiots.

The Gambler

Juniors
This is the 'best flowing' show so far this season. I think Slats has well and truly started the 'assimilation' process into the panel. The fact he is getting involved in the extra curriculars (such as the water ski-ing) is helping.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Thurston is the dumbest bloke ever. As if the bludgers next to you will tell you the right answer in a quiz.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
That quiz segment was tough too watch by the end. started out with good intentions dragged on and fell flat on its face

Latest posts