What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

docbrown

Coach
That 5 in the bin segment was cringeworthy. Why are they trying to convince people who are in the crowd and watching on TV that Rugby League is the best game in the world? They already know this.

If a fan of another sport was watching they would think the panel are trying to convince themselves.

It made no sense.

The whole idea came from 60 Minutes in the the early 70s with a segment called Point/Counterpoint where you get a democrat and republican to respond to the issues of the day and argue and produce fireworks.

It doesn't work when 5 people agree.

Here's my tip - before you film it, ask people what their opinion is and if every about agrees then boot two out and bring two dissenters.

May as well ask a bunch of kids about how much they like ice-cream. Riveting stuff.

undertaker

Coach
And the ratings begin to tumble.....

Thursday's show rated 159k in Sydney, already down 34% from the opening show. Goes to show what happens when you don't have the luxury of sporting events - NRL season opener and a cricket final - as a lead-in.

With another 26 or so shows to go, TFS will struggle to remain above 100k in Sydney

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
That 5 in the bin segment was cringeworthy. Why are they trying to convince people who are in the crowd and watching on TV that Rugby League is the best game in the world? They already know this.

If a fan of another sport was watching they would think the panel are trying to convince themselves.

It made no sense.

Agree. It made for unbelievably cringeworthy television.

Dresden Dan

Juniors
Footy Show will get punted as soon as 9 lose the tv rights, even if that is done deal b4 the end of this season.

Brutus

Referee
I wonder if 9 will keep their RL shows if they lose the rights.

They kept all their AFL shows (these shows of course were already in place of before they got the rights in the first place).

Dresden Dan

Juniors
I wonder if 9 will keep their RL shows if they lose the rights.

They kept all their AFL shows (these shows of course were already in place of before they got the rights in the first place).

Do you really need that answered for you?

undertaker

Coach
Fatty keeps saying he's back living at Dee Why.

Really? I thought he left the Northern beaches when his son got contracted with the Titans. Also, another reason why he commentates Friday night matches in Brisbane and Gold Coast as he lived in that area.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Yeah shits me that it seems like they see getting through the games as a race. You're a f**ken footy shoow, focus more on the footy.

BunniesMan

Immortal
lol @ hopeless short fat bloke in the sharks jersey.Has no idea. lol @ benji laughing in the shadows

He looks like some relation of Rothfields.

Someone

Bench
5 in the bin should prob be 10, take away darylls chat with children and restrict beau to one little 3 minute segment, not 2. agreed more talk about footy, i liked the trivia part

Latest posts