What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

NRL

Juniors
He's getting worse as far as not knowing what segment is on next or who's coming on the show next.

Slater is good as a host and presenter, same with Voss, only difference is Slater sometimes doesnt have a clue what he's talking in the game.

So what? There is no footy show without Fatty.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I dont know who is running the show over there atm but they are doing a terrible job. The big man sits in the corner like a naughty child, Vossy has disappeared completely and now we are left watching a cricketer present the footy show? What a joke. To top it off, last week immediately after the John Mannah cancer interview, they thought it would be a good idea to do the stuff you may have missed segment? Outrageous. Even the big man was noticeably uncomfortable. The least they should have done is go to an add break, then run stuff you may have missed afterwards. Bring back Vossy, that segment is nothing without him. Channel nines presentation is pathetic these days because rather than sticking with what works, they mess with the format which always ends up in tears. Wake up you duds.

Completely agree with the Mannah segment, it was so embarrassing for the Big Marn he hardly got a laugh, given what we just saw they should've gone to an ad.

The format is really unprofessional.

I think with the Big Marn sitting in the corner, its supposed to be similar to the AFL Footy Show where Trevor Marmalade sat behind the bar, but people noticed him cause he would come up with one liners, I think kind of died in the @rse after a while.

You wouldn't know half the time when Daryl Brohman is on there.

NRL

Juniors
There'll be no footy show with Fatty if he and the rest don't lift their game.

You cant blame fatty for the footy shows demise. The producers make a meal of it year after year. They are always in the afl footy shows shadow which is embarrassing to say the least. Its time they stopped messing with the format. Over the years they have systematically removed all the talent and all the good segments. I kind of get the feeling that whoever is producing the show just wants to change things up to make it look like they are actually doing something. In reality, they never needed to. They constantly take away all thats good about the show and this year is no different. If the footy show goes down, channel 9 and their producers are to blame. Fatty is still the same old lovable dunce he always was, and thats how we like it. I have nothing against Slater, but he was an unnecessary edition. Sterlo or the Chief would have been better options.

hutch

First Grade
Fatty is a big reason for the demise, although the format is also crap. He has no idea how to host and knows little about rugby league these days. All he does is wank on about origin as if it is the be and end all of rugby league. His time has well and truly passed!

Boganater

Juniors
The footy show looks like it's run on a shoe string budget these days.

Who ever thought Darryl Brohman on T.V was a good idea needs shooting. He must do it for a couple of pies and schooners, that's the only reason I can see him being there. He isn't funny, his opinions on football aren't insightful or respected and those interviews with the school kids whats funny or entertaining about that? The funniest thing he ever did was crash a scooter in the car park.

Fatty is fatty, he is bearable... just. He needs Sterlo or someone else who's intelligent who he can bounce off. Slats doesn't fit. Beau Knows could be every 2nd show there's only so many derro's he can hassle in Parra mall
As for Hadley he can f*&# right off the Footy show and commentating.

the dude

Juniors
You cant blame fatty for the footy shows demise. The producers make a meal of it year after year. They are always in the afl footy shows shadow which is embarrassing to say the least. Its time they stopped messing with the format. Over the years they have systematically removed all the talent and all the good segments. I kind of get the feeling that whoever is producing the show just wants to change things up to make it look like they are actually doing something. In reality, they never needed to. They constantly take away all thats good about the show and this year is no different. If the footy show goes down, channel 9 and their producers are to blame. Fatty is still the same old lovable dunce he always was, and thats how we like it. I have nothing against Slater, but he was an unnecessary edition. Sterlo or the Chief would have been better options.

Fatty a 'lovable dunce'?? you have nfi

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Tonight's show will feature special surprise guests Sam Burgess and Beau Ryan.

The Footy Show put the variety into variety show.

Great change up by the team. Keeping it fresh as always.

I'd like to see Fatty do something fresh - maybe a head wobble or something. And Brohman could maybe do a fat joke, or they could all pick on Mario.

That'd be cool and would lift ratings for sure.

Coastbloke

Bench
Obviously the Footy Show isn't on yet, but it doesn't matter..

The Game Plan so far - tonight - on ONE has just decimated TFS in regard to Footy content, in particular the Rep matches..

There's no contest..If Ten treated RL coverage like the Game Plan as opposed to Nein, then give ém the rights now..Just remember to hire Rabs and Vossy..

slipperykinchela

First Grade
I know the guys from the game plan sat down before it started and noted everything that sucks about the footy show and said they will never do it.probably the reason why it works.

Latest posts