What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

seanoff

Juniors
watching this train wreck for the first time this year.

Vautin gives the distinct impression that he is not really enjoying the current format of the show. not quite sure what it is but he doesn't seem to be fully invested in the show.

can't say i blame him. it's very flat. slater sucks as a host.

chigurh

First time I have watched TFS in over a year.

Good to see Steve Ricketts on - one of the most passionate and knowledgeable Rugby League people you will ever come across. If only there were more Ricketts and less Rothfields...

However, unsuprisingly big mouth Hadley hardly let him get a word in.

And why is it that, in a show that meanders on for 90+ minutes worth of downright rot, does that segment occupy just five minutes?

Canard

Immortal
Surely the could condense it to 60mins and chop out some of the chaff and save a lot of budget.

Im amazed that this hasn't happened, Nine must actively want the show to go longer because of lack of other programs?

In this day and age most people have an attention span that is so short that they forget the programme there watching when the flick over for the ads and 90mins is a marathon for television shows these days.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Beau is a f**ken moron, his Benji impersonation is cringe worthy, mocking the kiwi accent, seriously no educated person should find him funny. Oh and I hope Matai belts him next time they play
Also pretty low putting that package together of Burgess injuries, he def is prize tool.

aqua_duck

Coach
Also pretty low putting that package together of Burgess injuries, he def is prize tool.

He'd appeal to alot of people who are into toilet humour and laugh at people who are just plain idiots but anyone with an IQ above 70 would cringe most of the time

nohope

Juniors

That was below the belt I thought :(

I bet if Sam Burgess had the opportunity to search through videos (or have someone else do it), he could have shown the multiple "highlights" of Beau Ryan watching a bomb bounce multiple times instead of catching it.

All I could think of is "wow, this is cringe worthy".

undertaker

Coach
First time I have watched TFS in over a year.

Good to see Steve Ricketts on - one of the most passionate and knowledgeable Rugby League people you will ever come across. If only there were more Ricketts and less Rothfields...

However, unsuprisingly big mouth Hadley hardly let him get a word in.

And why is it that, in a show that meanders on for 90+ minutes worth of downright rot, does that segment occupy just five minutes?

Steve Ricketts must be Barry O'Farrell's long lost brother. :lol:

And yeah, a bit pointless inviting someone to be on a show and not let them speak. One of my pet hates. That segment needs to be 10 minutes, not 5. You cannot get any deep analysis or discussion with 5 panellists + Brohman in the corner in 5 minutes (on average, that's less than one minute for every person, of which Hadley takes up a lot of the quota)

undertaker

Coach
The main underlying problem for TFS is that it started off as a Footy Show with comedy interspersed in the middle of segments. Now, it's become a comedy-centred program with bits of footy sprinkled in the middle. Every pannelist (bar Slats) is just in the show for themselves (and not for the good of promoting RL) and they're interested in launching/maintaining their abysmal comedy careers. "Beau Knows..."? More like Beau blows!

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
I watched the start last night & the big maan doin the "stuff u may have missed" segment.

They had footage of the knights dressing room & tinkler was in there. Tinkler went over to bennet & said something to him & put out his hand to shake Bennet. Bennet sort of ignored him & tinkler had to grab his hand to shake it.

That body language from Bennet tells me things are frosty already. Funny.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I watched the start last night & the big maan doin the "stuff u may have missed" segment.

They had footage of the knights dressing room & tinkler was in there. Tinkler went over to bennet & said something to him & put out his hand to shake Bennet. Bennet sort of ignored him & tinkler had to grab his hand to shake it.

I'm not sure about that. . Bennett was fuming over something - pointing and looking at something towards his left when Tinkler came over. He was angry and Tinkler looked like he asked him what was wrong and he gestured to the right again. That's my take on the scene.

Card Shark

Immortal
Ok, I'll take your word for it.

That was the 2nd time I've seen it & whilst Bennett was gesturing at something else, I thought it was strange body language.

aqua_duck

Coach

you should be a journalist for the Telegraph

Yoda

Juniors
The main underlying problem for TFS is that it started off as a Footy Show with comedy interspersed in the middle of segments. Now, it's become a comedy-centred program with bits of footy sprinkled in the middle. Every pannelist (bar Slats) is just in the show for themselves (and not for the good of promoting RL) and they're interested in launching/maintaining their abysmal comedy careers. "Beau Knows..."? More like Beau blows!

When did they start doing comedy????

Latest posts