What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2013

Diesel

Referee
I tried to watch the Footy Show yesterday for the first time in years after watching the Game Plan. The intro was bs, and I lasted less than 5 mins, there was no footy content. 1 Friday NRL live game is about all I watch on that shitty channel

timka4

Bench
The funniest bit was when the panther fan said her favourite player was Luke Walsh.

Am I right or am I right?

Diesel

Referee
^ this

How does the Footy Show rate in its new time compared to the Game Plan?

I watched TFS last week for the first time in years and lasted less than 10 mins

undertaker

Coach
it's been rating higher

yes, but nowhere near what it was, even as recently as when the panel was Fatty/Sterlo/M Johns and Chief. I'm pretty sure up until when the show was supposedly in crisis in 2005 - to the point where Bourbon Bec made a special-guest appearance on the show and Fatty and Sterlo were threatening to walk out when Ch9 were going to reintroduce Raaaaaaaaay (this was when Ray was still on bad terms with the station and the hosts) - it was regularly rating 400k+ in Sydney, and that was at 9:30pm. I'm sure it rated even higher during the halcyon days of the '90s (although ACNielsen was used instead of the current OzTAM system). Don't remember what it rated back then, but wouldn't be surprised if it was 500k+ in Sydney.

http://blogs.theage.com.au/mediamatters/archives/2008/05/why_the_footy_s.html
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...-not-what-they-used-to-be-20120403-1w9as.html

It's not just the NRL show's ratings that have gone down, but also the AFL's. Quite phenomenal that the AFL version used to rate as high as 800k in Melbourne during its peak. Huge ratings

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Stopped watching it a long time ago. I lament the loss of the barefoot footy show. Only show to cover the game at all levels across the whole country and include fans interest stories.

undertaker

Coach
Very unprofessional journalism during the Matt Scott interview. Felt sorry for the bloke. Here's a guy who was in tears and yet the journalist kept being persistent and wanted to know everything. Can't she see the guy's hurting? Typical Ch9 trying to evoke these types of incidents to increase ratings.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Very unprofessional journalism during the Matt Scott interview. Felt sorry for the bloke. Here's a guy who was in tears and yet the journalist kept being persistent and wanted to know everything. Can't she see the guy's hurting? Typical Ch9 trying to evoke these types of incidents to increase ratings.

wtf

i thought it was a good interview

you're on something surely

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Stopped watching it a long time ago. I lament the loss of the barefoot footy show. Only show to cover the game at all levels across the whole country and include fans interest stories.
Gee having a whinge about something to do with RL, surely not..........

Look it's not award winning TV but it's better than watching shit like the Voice or my kitchen rules. The show hasn't changed much in 20 yrs not sure why people are shocked over the content

HowHigh

Coach
Happy they've moved it to 8:30, it's the first time I've watched the entire footy show in at least a couple years. Wasn't too bad.. better than anything else on TV at this time anyway.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Gee having a whinge about something to do with RL, surely not..........

Look it's not award winning TV but it's better than watching shit like the Voice or my kitchen rules. The show hasn't changed much in 20 yrs not sure why people are shocked over the content
I don't watch it , but it is an award winning show. ( doesn't mean anything to me, but some people think it's important & they're entitled to that )

Latest posts