What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

I felt sorry for Ashton Sims and Inu both of them deadset came out like they had the IQ's of a 5 year old.

MVP being on there was a bit of shock, he was a good sport though.

Footy show wasnt as bad as the last couple of years offerings but the standard has dropped dramatically in the last 4 weeks compared to what it was this year.

Its like they no longer wish to touch on anything serious or to much footy related stuff anymore.

mongoose

Coach
I felt sorry for Ashton Sims and Inu both of them deadset came out like they had the IQ's of a 5 year old.

MVP being on there was a bit of shock, he was a good sport though.

Footy show wasnt as bad as the last couple of years offerings but the standard has dropped dramatically in the last 4 weeks compared to what it was this year.

Its like they no longer wish to touch on anything serious or to much footy related stuff anymore.

Inu wasn't that bad, he's just very softly spoken. He was better than Hayne the week before who struggled to put a sentence together.

redvscotty

First Grade
Don't worry mate, its RedvnothingthatanyteambutthedragonsdoesisanygoodScotty

Thats not the case at all, however i will stop short of saying it is a good idea. If people (football players or mere mortals) cannot work out how to act accordingly by the age of say... 22, then they should taken out the back of the house and shot like a rabid dog.

Maybe the card could read, 'You are not Holier than Thou. Before committing an act of absolute moronic proportions, please use that vital piece of equipment they call your brain.'

Apey

Staff member
Thats not the case at all, however i will stop short of saying it is a good idea. If people (football players or mere mortals) cannot work out how to act accordingly by the age of say... 22, then they should taken out the back of the house and shot like a rabid dog.

Maybe the card could read, 'You are not Holier than Thou. Before committing an act of absolute moronic proportions, please use that vital piece of equipment they call your brain.'

a lot of regular people wonder how the idiots can be so stupid as to keep stuffing up.

but maybe if they're forced to carry around something as simple as a card, they will look at it/be reminded of what can happen and possibly (hopefully) prevent them from doing their stupid sh*t. i'm sure a lot of the time, despite it being blatantly obvious what they will be, a lot of the players forget about the consequences. whether it sounds stupid or not, it could help a lot.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Can someone please fill me in on what this "card" is all about in reference to the Knights? I didnt watch the show last night

Looks like this....

WANKER.jpg

Apey

Staff member
haha

Can someone please fill me in on what this "card" is all about in reference to the Knights? I didnt watch the show last night

it's just a double-sided cards the players have been given. one side has all the bad headlines, the others has the clubs expectations.

Raider_69

Post Whore
a lot of regular people wonder how the idiots can be so stupid as to keep stuffing up.

but maybe if they're forced to carry around something as simple as a card, they will look at it/be reminded of what can happen and possibly (hopefully) prevent them from doing their stupid sh*t. i'm sure a lot of the time, despite it being blatantly obvious what they will be, a lot of the players forget about the consequences. whether it sounds stupid or not, it could help a lot.

Scenario:

Knights players celebrating a win out on the town at Newcastle, for arguements sake, lets say Corey Patterson is tuning some chick at the bar, she suggests they go to the toilets for abit of fun, young Corey's had a schooner or 20 and is keen on the idea, but before he goes in, he pulls out his wallet, takes a look at the card and then comes to his sense and realises its not such a good idea... the card works!! :lol:

Sorry but you actual think that this will stop people from doing dumb sh*t, the fact is alcohol is involved 99% of the time they are doing dumb sh*t, they are intoxicated, they dont think about their actions before doing them, what makes you think they'll think about a bloody card in their wallet, thrown behind the credit card/drivers license?

Apey

Staff member
Scenario:

Knights players celebrating a win out on the town at Newcastle, for arguements sake, lets say Corey Patterson is tuning some chick at the bar, she suggests they go to the toilets for abit of fun, young Corey's had a schooner or 20 and is keen on the idea, but before he goes in, he pulls out his wallet, takes a look at the card and then comes to his sense and realises its not such a good idea... the card works!! :lol:

Sorry but you actual think that this will stop people from doing dumb sh*t, the fact is alcohol is involved 99% of the time they are doing dumb sh*t, they are intoxicated, they dont think about their actions before doing them, what makes you think they'll think about a bloody card in their wallet, thrown behind the credit card/drivers license?

lol i'm not saying it's going work every time.

i'm saying I don't understand the criticism - it COULD work, depending on the circumstances. anything to help is worth a try.

Raider_69

Post Whore
lol i'm not saying it's going work every time.

i'm saying I don't understand the criticism - it COULD work, depending on the circumstances. anything to help is worth a try.

I know what your saying, at this point anything is worth trying but i just cant see why on earth anyone thinks this would work and subsiquently why its been implimented, seems very stupid to me.

Alcohol is the problem, a card in their wallet wont stop them getting OzBlotto, and once they're in that state, its shut the gates.

Latest posts