What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The current affair style ads, the start of the show wank and the Bond sh*t had me worried but they turned it around when Princey said he enjoyed a few beers and a joint. lol

And wtf is this still not on the HD channel. It's a f**king disgrace that the fumbleball show is on up here instead.

BWNB

First Grade
On the AFL footy show they just did a scoop on the NRL, well an ad for the Storm Broncos game, 8:30 down there tomorrow.

Pigskin

Juniors
its been going about 45 mins in Qld ... looks like we turn off for another year ... same old garbage

Oink !

Ausguy

Coach
i bet there wer eno league players on the rugby union show.... ffs the nrl has no idea.

its not the first time they have done it, bet ya there is a swans playe ron the show in the next 4 weeks.

oh and wher eis layne f**kin beachly its been ages since we have since this ugly scrubba...

natheel

Coach
i bet there wer eno league players on the rugby union show.... ffs the nrl has no idea.

its not the first time they have done it, bet ya there is a swans playe ron the show in the next 4 weeks.

oh and wher eis layne f**kin beachly its been ages since we have since this ugly scrubba...
and with the soccer goin atm i wouldnt be surprised to see some aussie players from soccer on there too.....yeh i switch over when union and soccer and other sports are talked about its not wide world of sports its the nrl footy show

Tenacious D is on comedy2 at 10.30pm thursday nights hahaha incase anyone is stuck watching boring bits on the footy show

Eels Dude

Coach
The Munster... not bad Vossy... Reckon Atkins from Parra had to get it though - that was priceless and took the incorrect play the ball to another level.

I'd never seen that before. It looked like he suffered from a mild concussion... thinking it was a penalty and just decided to take a quick tap and ran in the opposite direction haha

effnic

Bench
I turned the tv off when i heard they were bringing in loti, i mean are they f**king serious???

Big Pete

Referee
Exactly right L4P but I believe a lot of members will strive to sling mud whenever possible.

To be perfectly honest I was fine with Lote's appearance as he had some history with our game. My only problem with it is that they didn't probe him for any opinions on the current state of OUR game and instead the interview degenerated into a bitter if somewhat mildly funny mudslinging contest. With that said I thought Lote handled himself well.

Mic. Thoughts:

Scott Prince did nothing as a guest panelist. His questionable opinions on Lote Tuqiri and William Zillman only served to question his sexuality. Shame really as he's quite well spoken and if he could get his thoughts together I believe he'd make a nice guest panelist once in awhile. I suppose the problem here is that the usual panelist in Fatty, Matty and Vossy rarely try and acknowledge the person and his individuality. What made last week so entertaining for me was that we got a further insight into Russell Crowe and it allowed the audience to get behind him.

Alfie Langer was very hit and miss tonight. I assume he's a little hard of hearing as he gave some pretty obscure answers to some fairly straight forward questions. However I did enjoy his comments on Gavin Allen.

Just on that segment I found the Karmichael Hunt interview to be very awkward. He didn't appear to be very sure of himself and as a result he seemingly stammered through his answer. If he does leave Brisbane I'd love to see him play for a professional outfit like the Dragons.

Aside from that it was a typical edition with very little to be excited about.

Last edited:

Prodigiousman

Juniors
I'd never seen that before. It looked like he suffered from a mild concussion... thinking it was a penalty and just decided to take a quick tap and ran in the opposite direction haha

Actually mate it was the other way you could play the ball - if there wasn't a marker directly in front of you, the player could take off and run at the retreating defence as long as he released the ball onto the ground tapped it with his foot and picked it up again.

Was a nice part of the game... but got taken out for some reason - can't recall why off the top of my head - anyone remember exactly why?

fatshark

Bench
On that backwards play the ball...You will notice most of the players do a full roll. Your brain plays tricks with your eyes. Jason Ryles was the best example, you could see hes eyes not focussed...then when it happens its to late.
I put my hand up, I played the ball backwards once...did the rollover thing then couldnt believe it.Try it at home!

Last edited: