What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

TouchMyHappy

Juniors
Tonight's show was solid. It was great getting to know current players like Barrett and Hindmarsh. The segment with the latter in regards to his partner was quite funny, until one of the questions was incorrect.. I just sat there thinking... This is torture.

On a side note, does it seem like Andrew Voss is growing increasingly annoying with his constant high jacking and raising his voice to no end. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of the Sunday roast and love the debates had there, but it just seems like the Thursday night show is not the place for popularity wars.

Anyway, I thought it was a good show and look forward to watching it next week (After Manly have hopefully had a win) lol.

A wonderful football weekend to you all!

Charlie124

First Grade
Great show tonight, its amazing how much better a show can be when you dont hear from Chief, Robbo, Mario or Goey Johns.

I watched every minute of this weeks and can truthfully say i really enjoyed every segment, even Mattys new character Percy was good.

Keep it up boys

Syko

Juniors
I watched the first 10 minutes, it was good, but turned it off after they went to the matty johns segment, will do the same next week.

Brutus

Referee
The shows still missing a few good segments i meen they dont have to be serious and talk footy for the whole show...thats what the sunday show is for

Yes but those unfunny stupid segments they appear to have done away with were nothing short of pathetic and a major reason people simply turned off.

Mr Saab

Referee
Is there a point to having Magnay has a panel member for 20 mins? She offers nothing and she is definately not on there for eye candy....unless you are stevie wonder.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Is there a point to having Magnay has a panel member for 20 mins? She offers nothing and she is definately not on there for eye candy....unless you are stevie wonder.

She is female, and thats the main reason. Though I did notice that nearly everytime she said something, fatty cut her off and changed the subject.

f**king roosters stop trying to poach our goddamn juniors.....Dont know how vossy's prediction about Dugan being a rooster in 2010 will go, he is under contract till end 2011....lol

Vossy can go f*ck himself with his bitch-ass predictions.

Dugan's a Raider and that's it.

It was actually quite enjoyable last night... the first time in years that I've actually watched it the whole way through.

How hilarious is this band?!

Making a complete mockery of the music industry with this song :lol:

I've seen Tripod do a very similar song... but it was funny.

phonetic

Juniors
Fatty is such a tool. I watched last night for the first time in a while. He was obviously not best pleased with Magnay being there.. his unprofessionalism in cutting her off was a bit embarrasing.

Don't think I'll be in any great hurry to tune in again.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I agree I have been watching it the whole way through un-like in previous years.. Perce the referee is funny but every week is getting a bit much... Seymour was good, he has actually come out of this pretty well, maybe just what he needed...

I think you could really kick the show along with Wierdler sitting on the panel every week... Everybody hates him and it would make for great conflict... the show is still too chummy chummy..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
When it's on at 9:30 it's never going to rate well. Bring it back to 8:30 or 9:00pm. 20 to 01 is rubbish.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i think 9 have just let it detoriate so much over the years that people who used to watch it don't bother with it now. they've started watching other shows

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The first three weeks have actually been pretty good IMO. Compared to last year, there's pretty much no stupid things such as "Beat the Boys" etc and they're actually getting a bit more serious and also incorporating rugby league talk :crazy:

Not too sure WTF Tim Cahill was doing on last night, or Lote last week though.

Mr Saab

Referee
Not too sure WTF Tim Cahill was doing on last night, or Lote last week though.

No idea....why they are on the show is beyond me...they have nothing to do with league.
League players are not on other codes shows, so why the f**k are they on ours?

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
I originally liked Percy Le Blonc and thought the mockumentary type news story on him was hilarious.

But his actual skits have been pretty dissapointing and to me it seems like theyve already run out of ideas. The things last night with 'refitis' and just forgetting things was a bit stupid.

The shows alright now - it depends what you watch it for. The majority of its past viewers wouldnt of been watching it for the league, more the entertainment. So now ur taking alot of that away alot will stop watching.

I personally like a bit of a mix.. would like more players coming on though. And Mario..

Latest posts