What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Paullyboy

Coach
I've really enjoyed the show (in comparison to previous years) so far - the Percy LeBlanc had potential but as has been pointed out above, they clearly have run out of ideas for it already. That skit last night went for about 5 minutes too long, it was just painful sitting through it when even the rent-a-crowd audience didn't laugh.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
I originally liked Percy Le Blonc and thought the mockumentary type news story on him was hilarious.

But his actual skits have been pretty dissapointing and to me it seems like theyve already run out of ideas. The things last night with 'refitis' and just forgetting things was a bit stupid.

The shows alright now - it depends what you watch it for. The majority of its past viewers wouldnt of been watching it for the league, more the entertainment. So now ur taking alot of that away alot will stop watching.

I personally like a bit of a mix.. would like more players coming on though. And Mario..

The Percy Le Blanc thing has turned into a poor excuse to copy Sam Newman's interviews on the AFL show. Incredibly unoriginal.

So, in 2009, the Footy Show has a token woman who gets token contribution time. We have Matt Johns still trying to establish an entertainment career. We have Voss trying to be clever but succeeding only in breaching fundamental rules - don't talk over the top of people. His performance with Russell Crowe plus the carry on about the Bulldogs was cringe-worthy. Vautin is trying to be the white knight one second then reverting to standarde idiot mode the next.

These idiots need to look at some tapes of Controversy Corner - see how well it was done.

I despise Manly - but Rex Mossop has never been bettered in rugby league as a broadcaster or commentator by a mile. Ray Warren is a joke in comparison.

stormysally

Juniors
what they should do is have it on a tusday night and talk about the week b4 and then they can have palyers on talking about the game

mwse2008

Juniors
I find it hard to understand why people are compelled to write negative comments about a tv show. These days we have the opportunity to entertain ourselves by either switching to one of the other 100 channels available, surfing the net or contemplating our existance.
I am neither a fan or detractor of The Footy Show, but after reading all the posts on this thread, I can see that it annoys people whether the show is unfunny, talking too much footy, not talking enough footy, wrong timeslot, should have been axed years ago...would you prefer if the show was axed and there was NO free to air footy show?
Is there anyone here who can suggest a format for the perfect footy show?

gong_eagle

First Grade
NO wonder we're already hearing rumours about 2GB's Ray Hadley and Darryl Brohman joining The Footy Show next year.
After rating well on the back of Russell Crowe's appearance three weeks ago, The Footy Show figures have nosedived since. Sources are telling us that Hadley and Brohman were mentioned when Nine boss David Gyngell recently had a long lunch with John Singleton. The two media heavyweights are determined for 2GB and the Nine Network to have a closer relationship. When we checked in with Hadley, he told us: "I'll pinch one of Singo's lines ... I can't confirm or deny that _ just run with it.'' What we can confirm is that if this turns out to be true, it will signal the end of Paul 'Fatty' Vautin's role as the host after 15 years? He dislikes Hadley as much as Hadley dislikes him. The position of Andrew Voss would also be in grave doubt because of a long-running feud with Hadley. Hadley has not worked on the Footy Show since a one-off appearance three years ago. He used to have a full-time role but was sacked by James Packer after the Super League war.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25255710-5016360,00.html

Once Dead

Bench
While I have enjoyed the show this year because of the change in format the show has run its course. However, starting up a new show would definitely give it a boost.

Media identities have to stop acting like petty pansies and bury some hatchets.....the game is bigger than them and will survive without them, they should be thankful that they have been given so much by the game itself. None of this "I'm not working with him because..." bs.

bartman

Immortal
Is it Thursday night again already? Where does the time goe these days...

Wonder what TFS has in store for us tonight!

As for Hadley and Brohman, if they think the show needs a boost next year, why not let it die and start something new and totally fresh, instead of replace one boofheads with another and think it's going to be any different?

Parra

Referee
Watch The Rugby Club on Fox HD at 8.30 on Thursdays to see what a footy show should be like. Then switch to 9 (HD is reserved for the AFL) to see the awful contrast. Then switch off after 5 minutes.

Latest posts