What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Mr Saab

Referee
I much preferred them talking about 'soccer' than all the wanking about the Broncos and Queensland legends though :( Bringing up those old moments like 1994 game 1. Why not game 2 and 3 from 1994? oh that's right we smashed them in those games.

You have to cater to your audience....showing clips of NSW success will not go down well. It would be like the footyshow going out to Penrith and showing clips of the 2001 season...or the 1990 GF loss.
Wouldnt make sense would it...

Pierced Soul

First Grade
people can keep bagging it but they talk way more footy than previously.

thaiday came on and spoke abou the ' dirty little black fellas' running around in the game. short chat with brett finch about his comments regarding characters being driven away from the game, talk with meninga about his fruit market and origin. Dell was on and spoke about the saints...

i switch off when they start talking to other sports players

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Miss the giant thread called "Footy Show thread 2009"?

:roll:

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Is it just me or did Matty Johns get called Andrew Johns twice at the start of the show?

1. At the very start of the show when they were being called out and walked through the crowd he was introduced as Andrew Johns.

2. When they sat down and first started chatting Vautin called him Andrew as well.

:S

The show has slightly improved with the addition of Vossy but needs less moron Vautin.

They threw him a pineapple and instead of catching it he ducked and it hit Wally in the head

Thomas

First Grade
[FKN-SIK];5525093 said:
Is it just me or did Matty Johns get called Andrew Johns twice at the start of the show?

1. At the very start of the show when they were being called out and walked through the crowd he was introduced as Andrew Johns.

2. When they sat down and first started chatting Vautin called him Andrew as well.

:S

Fatty was having a dig because he heard it as well...

Parra

Referee
Why not use NRL on Fox as an example?

Because the Rugby Club is better, and the timing is better on a Thursday night. There is a Super 14 weekly review show earlier in the week - that's more comparable to NRL on Fox.

A Thursday Fox footy show - say The Rugby League Club, done along the same lines as The Rugby Club, would be the go.

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
I thought, this is going to be conTROversial **says in best Ray Warren impersonation** when Thaiday came on saying what he did. Thought we could be hearing more about this on Friday morning. Nothing yet.... :sarcasm:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That thread is too long, who wants to sift through that many pages?

Given he was asking about last nights show, all that info would be in the last 1-2 pages you would think. Just a f**kin lazy idiot.

Yup, bragger. :lol:
Sick of seeing blokes from different codes come into the show...
I thought Fowler would be a better interviewee, we all know what sort of interviewer the panel is like already though.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Robbie Fowler said he owns 85 houses in Liverpool. WTF he must be a gazillionare
lol it's Liverpool, not Mosman! Say he's worth $100,000,000 - he'll easily occupy that many. But can you imagine what kind of headache it will be managing 85 homes. There will be a call every day for a burst pipe or clogged sink lol. No thanks!

Big Pete

Referee
Ordinary episode but two moments made me laugh.

Scott Minto and...

Vossy's Top 5 Set Plays. No. 1 had me in stitches.

Latest posts