What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

StormChaser

First Grade
They can't just ignore it, but I think they'll gloss over it within the first few minutes of the show starting. Just like last week really.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't think they can avoid discussing not only Johns but the focus of the entire program - men's attitudes to women in league. They'd be stupid not to from a ratings perspective.

bartman

Immortal
But they'd need to get some decent hosts and guests in for it to be a decent discussion.

Fatty's credibility is shot now too, after his "well said" pat on the back and "on with the show!".

Not sure who they could get really, have to be almost a non-footy person in the current climate, I would think?

Eels Dude

Coach
They cannot not talk about it. The show will lose all credibility is has left if they don't. There's no way they can go on air and act like clowns after this week.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it, will Fatty and co stick up for a mate and face a public backlash? Or will they put the boot into him when they deep down feel sorry for him?

But they'd need to get some decent hosts and guests in for it to be a decent discussion.

Fatty's credibility is shot now too, after his "well said" pat on the back and "on with the show!".

Not sure who they could get really, have to be almost a non-footy person in the current climate, I would think?

Don't think Fatty could do anything else, do you?

Imagine fatty: "No Matt, lets get serious! Did you rape that girl, tell me! TELL ME NOW!" He had been told what to do as had Matt Johns.

Anyway, you raise a great topic. The Footy Show is in a shambles. Who gets on the panel of the new improved Footy Show. Can be anyone, doesn't have to be footy players.

The main host who drives the show and announces the segments should really have more television spark than Fatty. What about a nine personality or a comedian?

Big Time

Juniors
Sterlo, Vossy and MG. Maybe someone like Andrew Denton as host. Given current climate, Fatty is not smart enough to be hosting that show.

Fatty does an excellent job.

The panel is fine as is, Sterlo will be brought back in for sure.

And yes they will discuss it at the start and probably for atleast 20 minutes. This year have actually been tackling the issues.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Alvin Purple to make an appearance on the Footy show tonight, to talk about group sex......should be a ratings winner

Dogs Of War

Coach
Vossy said at the end of today on channel 9 this morning that tonight will be focusing on the issues at hand, and hopefully a little bit of footy talk will creep into it.

sting

Bench
to be honest i'd rather they did just deal with in quickly.

are you all serious? it's f**king heritage week, we have a massive friday night and people would rather hear about this all night?

i'm actually going to the footy show tonight with other red v members and there's no way i want to sit there having to listen to this sh*t for 2 hours.

i didn't watch 4 corners (as a league fan i was watching monday night footy) and i didn't watch a current affair. quite frankly none of this should be our business

t1tan

Juniors
to be honest i'd rather they did just deal with in quickly.

are you all serious? it's f**king heritage week, we have a massive friday night and people would rather hear about this all night?

i'm actually going to the footy show tonight with other red v members and there's no way i want to sit there having to listen to this sh*t for 2 hours.

i didn't watch 4 corners (as a league fan i was watching monday night footy) and i didn't watch a current affair. quite frankly none of this should be our business
Yeah your right,it only involves a high profile league identity.
Tool. :sarcasm:

The show cannot by pass the subject.Its been one one the biggest talking points in years.Maybe a couple of panel memebers might call in sick tonite?

Latest posts