What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

bartman

Immortal
Tonight's show will be devoting a large section of the program to the Sharks scandal, The Daily Telegraph reports.
Of course they are... it's their key to try and ride on the back of this ratings blip.

Hopefully they'll at least allow the show to focus primarily on footy though (and not Johns), like it has been doing increasingly this season compared to last season - and starngely enough it's been winning the ratings (unlike last year).

The Tank

Bench
An inanimate carbon rod would be funnier than Johns.

20070629simpsonscarbonrod.jpg

typicalfan

Coach
I reckon the show is going to cop heaps tonight no matter what happens. Fatty, Gus and Vossy are mates of Matty and while you hope they would be objective they would probably be a bit biased too I cannot see them taking the hard line over him.

I reckon a few in here and in the media might just have a word to say about it afterwards.

effnic

Bench
I might actually watch tonight if Gus is on, not one person out there with more knowledge of rugby league than this man.

bartman

Immortal
Prepared statement... Fatty with his glasses on and reading from his script. Adds a touch of seriousness compared to last week.

Hopefully that will be it now, and they will talk footy, and how the league moves forward in the best way post-Johns and post this incident.

bartman

Immortal
Was impressed before Gus started to get emotion on Matt's behalf, how he said that the game needed that program in general, and needed that kick up the arse to change itself/culture/expectation for its own good.

Flapper

First Grade
Was impressed before Gus started to get emotion on Matt's behalf, how he said that the game needed that program in general, and needed that kick up the arse to change itself/culture/expectation for its own good.

I don't think Phil Gould is the type to cry on command, it's a friend sad for a friend making bad decisions. Like any friend would be.

bartman

Immortal
I don't think Phil Gould is the type to cry on command, it's a friend sad for a friend making bad decisions. Like any friend would be.
Not saying otherwise, at all.

Just the good comments he was making about the game and what it needs to do from now on will likely be overlooked, for his natural emotions for his mate.