What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Thought it was a decent show tonight. Slater is a good guest, really knowledgable and gave great analysis when asked. Really enjoy it when Voss grills the guests and asks the questions that the fans wan to hear. It just f**ks me off that Johns gets sh*tty and interupts him and tries to protect the guests

Agree, so much better then the absolute wank fest they normally have over those type of players. I love it!

Vossy is great.

Matt Johns should be muzzled when talk about an ex-team mate or coach comes up. He came all over the desk when talking about Tahu.

BWNB

First Grade
Thought it was a decent show tonight. Slater is a good guest, really knowledgable and gave great analysis when asked. Really enjoy it when Voss grills the guests and asks the questions that the fans wan to hear. It just f**ks me off that Johns gets sh*tty and interupts him and tries to protect the guests

Thats why the AFL footy show is good, they aren't afraid to grill players for poor performances.

fourplay

Juniors
and yea just to comment on mundines fight.... there is a good chance he can lose... Daniel Geale aint no bum

Mundine could step into the ring with a young Mike Tyson and there would still be haters saying that he's fighting a bum.

Geale = Young, underfeated world champion and Commonwealth gold medallist.

Mr Saab

Referee
Matt Johns....where do you start with a massive merkin like him? He is over exposed....he thinks he is funny, he thinks he knows what he is talking about....he is a waste of a panel member.
He is a suck up, he is a wanker, he makes me want to throw a chair @ the TV.
Last night again showed what a complete f**king dickhead he is.

Last edited:

hutch

First Grade
vossy is a knob...said it from day one. all well and good when he askes "hard" questions but he comes across as attacking players...he has never played in a grand final yet thinks he is an expert on the game and that what he says is the be all and end all.

vossy is great. he isnt afraid to ask a player a question that people want answered, he doesnt suck up to players, doesnt speak like a boofhead and he doesnt have hidden agendas like m johns, fatty, gould etc.

who cares if he never made the nrl or played in a gf. he knows more about the game than the other two combined, and also isnt afraid to talk up things such as expansion (maybe not adelaide) and the international game, where other so called rugby league reporters and media personalities have a dig at their own sport. he will be hosting the year within a year.

The comedy guys were half and half too - they were twins. LOL @ me

Seriously they weren't that funny, I got pissed off with them constantly nodding at the audience.

i saw em at green faces in canberra. they were pretty good then.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Geez for how much some of you hate the show, an awful lot of you watch it...:crazy:

Danish

Referee
Mundine could step into the ring with a young Mike Tyson and there would still be haters saying that he's fighting a bum.

Geale = Young, underfeated world champion and Commonwealth gold medallist.

The bum fight Mundine was promoting was the one between Sonny and whatever hobo opponent they pick up for him the night before the bout.

simon says

First Grade
vossy is great. he isnt afraid to ask a player a question that people want answered, he doesnt suck up to players, doesnt speak like a boofhead and he doesnt have hidden agendas like m johns, fatty, gould etc.

who cares if he never made the nrl or played in a gf. he knows more about the game than the other two combined, and also isnt afraid to talk up things such as expansion (maybe not adelaide) and the international game, where other so called rugby league reporters and media personalities have a dig at their own sport. he will be hosting the year within a year.

AGreed....Vossy was great,asked some really good questions.

I actually think the show has improved vastly,and has the right mix of footy talk and comedy.

Big thumbs up from me.

Matt Johns....where do you start with a massive merkin like him? He is over exposed....he thinks he is funny, he thinks he knows what he is talking about....he is a waste of a panel member.
He is a suck up, he is a wanker, he makes me want to throw a chair @ the TV.
Last night again showed what a complete f**king dickhead he is.

Tell me about it, unfortunately 9 seems to love the lad..... Bring in Sterlo or Gus and you'd have a much better show. Heck even his Brother!

Just comes across as a massive arse licker.

Meth

Staff member
Voss is the potential saviour of The Footy Show- he should try to stay away from attempting comedy. Johns would be half decent if he tried to do the same.

Latest posts