What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2010

Manly Mick

Juniors
Footy show was good last night, big improvement on last week
I like Gus' comments but not his commentating
Skit at the end was at the right part of the show

petetheileet

First Grade
i think there would be 15-20 skits or segments in the footy show history that have made me laugh...out of how many shows.

If i wanted to laugh id watch South Park.

Its the footy show, does it really need to smack of effort to be funny all the time??

Danish

Referee
Has anyone seen the previews for matty Johns's show on ch7??

It makes the footy show look classy.

ozjet1

why do people keep watching it if they continue to deride it?

it's a footy variety show.........albeit, a bad one. C9 arent going to put on a serious footy show in prime time...........it'll get even less ratings. but by the end of the year, this thread will have a thousand replies, and the same people commenting about how sh*t it is now will be the same posters commenting that's it sh*t in 15 weeks time.

IMO, unfortunate thing about rugby league is the lack in analysis generally including strategy & tactics.........in any media. Phil Gould is a excluded from this rant. at times (probably when he's allowed to and not forced to be a dickhead by C9 in the commentary box, or is it simply the effect of having the loudmouth Rabs next to him??) he actually offers great insight into the game. in contrast, the DT just discusses BS feelgood player crap, feeds off supporter hype, or makes a mountain out of a molehill over a comment by someone associated with the game. C9 has the sunday footy show which really only shows highlights and interviews from the weekend games and offers previews lacking any depth of the sunday games. 2gb have shows with just a bunch of old farts laughing at their own jokes with basic previews and any real attention to an issue given to some BS decision in a game.

i cant understand what it is. is the game really that basic? are the better teams simply the ones who miss less tackles and drop less ball? are the people that play, support, or report on it that basic?

trying to get a decent show which simply breaks down each game well at the end of the week seems to be something networks dont want to touch with 10-foot pole in rugby league.

Brutus

Referee
why do people keep watching it if they continue to deride it?

it's a footy variety show.........albeit, a bad one. C9 arent going to put on a serious footy show in prime time...........it'll get even less ratings. .

I don't think it would get fewer ratings. It wouldn't get much more, but at least RL fans would be happy.

I wouldn't mind if they did the entertainment thing and did it well, but they don't.

moik

Bench
I haven't watched the Footy Show for years. Last year a few weeks before the semis I decided to give it a go.

3 minutes and I'd heard enough.
Fart, dick and poo jokes aren't funny.

El Diablo

Post Whore
a lot of Footy talk so far

wonder if they're trying to pick up their act now there's competition

Coastbloke

Bench
While Fatty is on as host and dribbles about the 2nd highest level a player can achieve (SOO) the Footy Show will never give Test Football (the highest level) it's due..

Nine, if you don't want to promote Test football give it to another FTA channel..