What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2010

fourplay

Juniors
I also have a new found appreciation for TFS after watching Matty Johns show.

Beau Ryan was funny as always. The master class was great too.

This was one of the best shows I've seen in years.

I think TFS has really improved a lot this year. They should keep within the 90 minutes though.

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
I also have a new found appreciation for TFS after watching Matty Johns show.
This seems to be a common opinion.

After two weeks Matty Johns is doing more to help The Footy Show by not being part of it, than he did while he was on it! :lol:

Didgi

Need to scrap the script reading thing, dont think anyone has found it funny. Beau wasnt that good this week either.

Havent seen anything getting the crowd involved as yet, ie quizzes, and the so you think you can play was good last year

bartman

Immortal
I'
not if you look at the ratings
I'm not looking at the ratings - as I said my comment was about the opinions expressed, in this thread and the one about Johns' show.

But if you do look at the ratings, John's show leaked viewers week-to-week - not good for the second episode of a much-hyped/promoted show, and a worrying trend for the show if it continues.

El Diablo

Post Whore
TFS is leaking viewers too

i would of expected Johns' show to lose some viewers. the premiere was always going to rate higher

chunk

Juniors
Good Footy Show last Thursday.

I would love to see more insightful things like Masterclass.....enjoyed that.

Take us into the minds of the coaches and players, in depth tactics and the like.

stormbati

Bench
I find Beau Ryan good entertainment.
I think masterclass is the best thing on the show. Especially when Gus pulls out the videos.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Am currently in NZ and just caught Code on Maori TV, I reckon it puts both the Footy Show and the Matty Johns show to shame... it's actually funny a lot of the time, and when they talk sport it usually makes some sense. Of course it's not a League-only show so you get a fair bit of Union and other sports stuff on it, but having Ruben Wiki and Awen Guttenbeil as presenters there's always a fair bit of League content.

Streaming episodes here, although I don't know if they work outside NZ.

Latest posts