What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Glass Half Full Thread

strider

Post Whore

Anyone care to guess what this number represents?

Our ladder position from Rounds 1 -25. Note there are no 9's in there :D
i didnt realise we were coming , in round 4

There's a time for everything. And tonight is the time to bag off our team. Perhaps tomorrow it's time to consider the fullness of our cup.

Tooooks

Bench
f**k it, I need this thread tonight.

May as well skip tonight’s effort, so I’ll talk about this season:

1) Based on last year, I thought we’d be bottom four. I wouldn’t have thought top 5 was in the realms of possibility.

2) Our main signings have been superb. Took a punt on Sivo and he’s still learning the game. Lane has been great, as has Fergo and Junior.

3) Youngest spine in the comp with Brown and Reed playing their first full season of first grade. They both have so much upside.

4) Moses obviously had an attitude problem and has had a complete turnaround. Behind a dominant pack, he is one of the best halves in the comp.

5) Waqa Blake. Can’t wait to see how he goes next year.

6) By far, we have the fewest rep players in the top 8 (possibly even the whole comp). Given our rookies and lack of superstar players, we’ve punched well above our weight.

Okay, now back to the wrist slitting thread/s.

Eelectrica

Referee
This season was a lot better than I expected after last years train wreck of a season.
I feel like we'll be a force and chance for the next few seasons.

I can see us getting into a top 4 spot next year and then it's a hop, skip and a jump from the GF.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Our spine is really something we can build on, and the experience this year will see us stronger and smarter next year. Mahoney is a competitor and has great hands, Moses has matured, still has some way to go but has plenty of upside.

Gutho is f**king tireless, his support play is second to none, and whilst he doesn't have the speed or power that the likes of Turbo or Teddy have, he has plenty of skill and smarts. It's also worth remembering this has been his first season of being settled as our fullback.

And then we have Dylan Brown, Early days but this kid could be anything, it looks like BA has let him off the leash the last three games and he's gone with it and ran. Lots of skill, not scared of going deep into the line, and puts his body in front of the big boppers running at him. Never looks flustered or fazed, and just competes.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well that was a merkin of a finish, but what was the highlight?

I thought there were plenty, but for me the best thing was the emergence of Sivo. What a player!

Eelementary

Post Whore
As weird as it may sound, a game like last night would be a huge learning experience for our young squad.

Only Jennings, and Fergo, have big match experience - our entire squad has now played Finals footy.

It can only be good for us, moving forward.

Latest posts