What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Glass Half Full Thread

Tooooks

Bench
Manly 22 Eels 18 - Rd 10 2020

I was absolutely filthy with the first 15 minutes tonight so I can only imagine how BA felt.

As far as glass half full:

1) RCG. I had a feeling a change of clubs would bring a change in form but he’s exceeded my expectations. 80 minutes in the middle. Absolutely immense.

2) Niukore. I reckon he’s gone to another level. Having him come off the bench is a huge plus, and you know when he does need to start (Ie Brown when he’s hurt or suspended) he’ll do a great job. Really pleased with his progress.

3) I fully expected a 40 point rout after that start. Instead, they found a way to get themselves in the match despite being without Moses, Matto, Fergo, Kaufusi, Evans, Stone and Nrown for the second half.

I really hope tonight’s effort was a wake up call for the guys because that first 20 in particular was unacceptable. However:

0-15 min: Manly 16-0
16-80 min: Parra 18-6

So, not exactly wrist-slitting time.

Angry_eel

First Grade
It's definitely a glass half full kind of season. We look nothing like serious contendors but are equal 2nd.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's definitely a glass half full kind of season. We look nothing like serious contendors but are equal 2nd.
Who does look like a serious contender? The team who only lost one game so far (to us) or the other two teams limping into the finals with half their squad busted?

hindy111

Post Whore
Who does look like a serious contender? The team who only lost one game so far (to us) or the other two teams limping into the finals with half their squad busted?

The irony is we should of beat Saints and Manly. We blew those games. Well Manly game we where missing 5 or 6 players.

We legit lost to the Rooster but stuck with them. It was the fittest side they fielded all season also. Imo that was the best we played this season. I saw an Eels side capable of taking the title that night.

eel01s

Bench
The way I see it we are sitting third on the ladder without being on our best form. Our defence is best in the league!

I think we are in a pretty sweet place. I don't think we can play much worse than we have, but I know we can play a lot better.

84 Baby

Referee
The irony is we should of beat Saints and Manly. We blew those games. Well Manly game we where missing 5 or 6 players.

We legit lost to the Rooster but stuck with them. It was the fittest side they fielded all season also. Imo that was the best we played this season. I saw an Eels side capable of taking the title that night.
It’s about as ironic as the lyrics of that song

T.S Quint

Coach
The way I see it we are sitting third on the ladder without being on our best form. Our defence is best in the league!

I think we are in a pretty sweet place. I don't think we can play much worse than we have, but I know we can play a lot better.

Im pretty sure we could play worse.

Latest posts