What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Great Wall of Parramatta

I made the trip out to the game and i can see why the CCT were not impressed. It was a dour game and we were lucky that the Sharks lead by prodigal son Blake Green played like sh*t.

Having said that our defence is boss.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I agree we were in slow motion.

Despite the scoreline it was our weakest perfromance of the last 3 wins, especially when you consider the quality of the opposition. Cronulla were spirited in defense but their attack was borderline embarrasing.

Having said that, winning by 30 while playing in slow motion is a very good sign.

The heat had lots to do with this. No gradual acclimatising to the heat occurred as it normally does between early August and end of Sept. Another factor is the amount of night and early evening games teams play these days. Considering the heat factor I think the Eels played brilliantly today.

Congratulations goes to DA & PO for bringing in a very strong positive attitude. :thumb

It's only up and up and up from here for at least the next 6 years.
2006_eelsglorydvd.jpg

Mighty%20Eels%20Vol%203%20dvd.jpg

r314442_1389852.jpg

Booooooo Casper
icon7.gif

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
]
i think they are selling the sharks short they didnt have the firepower in attack to beat us but they defended strongly for most of the game if they dropped their heads it could easily have been 50-0 instead of 30
[/SIZE] i dont mind those clowns writing us off it will just make them look like idiots if we do make the semis

This was the other factor.....

The Sharks defended very well all over the park for most of the game.

Booooooo Casper
icon7.gif

Gaffman

Juniors
Sharks are no slouch's in defense either lest we forget. And we had what, 2 tries disallowed, and another that burty bombed. Hayne went himself and bombed another.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
to win 30-0 over a great defensive side like Cronulla is a good effort. One thing about them, you could 17 Wes Pattens on there sideand they'd still be hard to score againt.

Suitman

Post Whore
The CCT's dislike for the Eels is quite poor, i mean they are there because people want to hear expert opinions on the game, i didn't really hear much about why we were crap just that we were crap.....

A nice breakdown of the game and constructive criticism of the game and a bit of professionalism is what the fans are after not this "my mate Fitzy was ousted and now i really must hate this team"!

Roach, Fulton and Ray are children, the only good one is Brohman!

Well, why don't you listen to the ABC if they are that hopeless?
It's a no brainer tbh.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
The heat had lots to do with this. No gradual acclimatising to the heat occurred as it normally does between early August and end of Sept. Another factor is the amount of night and early evening games teams play these days. Considering the heat factor I think the Eels played brilliantly today.

LOL.

Mate, it might be hot for a ghost, but the temp at Sydney Airport - closest official weather station - never got above 19.2 degrees today.
Heat??? Spare me. :roll:

BOO.

Suity

fredericko

Juniors
The sharks are a terrible team to watch and probably to play against, everything they do seems to be aimed at slowing down the game. Look at their kicking game in the first half every kick was aimed at creating a stoppage in play. They continuously niggle in defence and seem to be offside a lot and are just plain ugly to watch and drag everyone down to their level. The last time i saw them play an open attacking game was when ET was playing there.

Suitman

Post Whore
The sharks are a terrible team to watch and probably to play against, everything they do seems to be aimed at slowing down the game. Look at their kicking game in the first half every kick was aimed at creating a stoppage in play. They continuously niggle in defence and seem to be offside a lot and are just plain ugly to watch and drag everyone down to their level. The last time i saw them play an open attacking game was when ET was playing there.

That's Stuarts style.........always have been. It's crap.

The reason why they kept putting the ball out was to stop Hayne running the ball back.

Suity

woddy

Juniors
Happy to win 3 in a row and not have any points scored against us now if we win a few in the next few weeks.....who knows

Kornstar

Coach
Well, why don't you listen to the ABC if they are that hopeless?
It's a no brainer tbh.

Suity

Cause i am stupid and actually listened to them after the Bulldogs game last week and Moore and co were prasing them, thought there might be more of the same this week......

I can assure you that the ABC will be back on my radio from now on.

Suitman

Post Whore
Cause i am stupid and actually listened to them after the Bulldogs game last week and Moore and co were prasing them, thought there might be more of the same this week......

:lol: At least you're honest. Nice reply mate.
Enjoy the ABC next week. :D

Suity

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member

mate they have always been the most agends driven program I have ever heard, if you support a club that has Brian Smith, Daniel Anderson or Matt Elliot as a coach you can forget about listening to it...

now that Hadley's best mate is gone he will never ever ever say a good or positive thing about our club ever again, infact we may raise 5 million for the starlight foundation, westmead childrens hospital and Ronald McDonald house tomorrow and he'll still despise us with every bone in his body...

Kornstar

Coach
mate they have always been the most agends driven program I have ever heard, if you support a club that has Brian Smith, Daniel Anderson or Matt Elliot as a coach you can forget about listening to it...

now that Hadley's best mate is gone he will never ever ever say a good or positive thing about our club ever again, infact we may raise 5 million for the starlight foundation, westmead childrens hospital and Ronald McDonald house tomorrow and he'll still despise us with every bone in his body...

I prefer to listen to talkin sport on Saturdays, even though you can tell Hughes hates the Eels he is still 100 times better than Hadley and Fulton.

Sometimes i listen to the show and always regret it after, like today. After the Bulldogs win i got in car and turned it on because i wanted to hear them rubbish our performance because it was so good but i was surprised that they weren't.

Stupidly i turned it on today......it will be a long time before i am sucked in again!!!

strider

Post Whore
I think we have found some chemistry .... I don't care if cronulla were/are sh*t, holding ANY team to zero in a NRL game these days is an acheivement

joel reddy has lifted massively in defense at centre - at times last year I would have considered him a pretty bad defender - but now he is frickin awesome - he is doing what ben smith did for a period and help grothe alot and I think it lifts grothe's confidence in his own ability to defend - that side of the field seems safer atm

and i've gotta say, ben smith and todd lowrie are both playing a big part in our defense - they have both got their fingers out and have great 1-on-1 defense .... yes their attack is still dodgy but you need guys who'll roll their sleaves up and put most their effort into defending hard

Latest posts