What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The greatest front row rotation of the salary cap era.

Kiwi

First Grade
Today South Sydney has announced the signing of the fourth Burgess brother, Tom. This gives us an impressive engine room for 2013 which includes the following:

S Burgess, Asotasi, L Burgess, Lima, G Burgess, T Burgess.

This is arguably the greatest 6 prop rotation in the history of the salary cap era. IMO I think it is. You have a genuine superstar in Sam, established quality in Asotasi, Lima and Luke and superstar potential in Tom and George. And the fact that we've got all 4 brothers here gives a MASSIVE inbuilt advantage of keeping them for unders when contract time comes around. Can anybody name a better set of 6 props in the history of the salary cap era?

Also have 4 brothers ever played in the same 17 in the history of rugby league?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...sydney-rabbitohs/story-e6frexnr-1226444074267

6 props in the 17? Prop rotation for a game is 4 at most, and that doesn't even come close to what is running around in the NRL this year. They don't even get close to the Broncos rotation next year of Hannant, McGuire, Hala, Anderson, J Wallace and Dodds let alone any rotation of the salary cap era.

SuperiorEasts

Juniors
Sam Burgess v Sonny Bill Williams (Easts win)
Roy Asotasi v Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Easts win)
Jeff Lima v Martin Kennedy (Easts win)
Luke Burgess v Lama Tasi (Easts win)
George Burgess v Mose Masoe (Easts win)
Tom Burgess v Brad Takairangi (Easts win)

And that is excluding Nuuausala, Evans, Arona who can play prop etc.

Kiwi

First Grade

I guess it's fair you compared Sam to SBW, considering both will play very little front row if any next year.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
In what f**ken universe is SBW a prop? He is nowhere near strong enough to fight in the trenches all day. Sam is a warrior. SBW is a great second rower, but props are about more than just talent. He doesn't have what it takes to be a prop.

TK1

Juniors
Bulldogs 2004 pack

Mark O Meley
Andrew Ryan
Willie Mason
Reni Maitua
Roy Asotasi
SBW
Steve Price

firechild

First Grade
I'd have Dogs 2004, Manly 1996 and Broncos (various years) - in no particular order - at the top of the list. 50uff$ don't even come close to these.

BranVan3000

Coach

:lol:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Tom isn't where George is when we got him. Tom has a full SL season under his belt. He'll be battle hardened enough to be NRL ready after the full offseason he will get.

As for "only Sam is top tier". I didn't say they were all "top tier". I said as a rotation, I can't see any better and more talented than them in the last 20 years.

Civoniceva, Webcke, Tallis, Gee ring any bells?

Souths wouldn't even be in the top 10 rotations for the last 20 years. Wouldn't even be in the top 30 if Burgess struggles to stay on the paddock like he has in recent years.

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
SBW will cream that pommy tampon if the little bitch is fit to play

Are you implying that Sam Burgess gets up BunniesMan once a month?

I rather think you're making BunniesMan super exited at the prospect

That said, I'd have Sam Burgess in any team I owned any day of the week. SBW? I'm still out on that one. Let's calm down and see how he goes yeah? Otherwise I think we might end up looking like a certain stupid bloody little merkin that allegedly supports South Sydney.

Lambretta

First Grade
In what f**ken universe is SBW a prop? He is nowhere near strong enough to fight in the trenches all day. Sam is a warrior. SBW is a great second rower, but props are about more than just talent. He doesn't have what it takes to be a prop.

Sam is by far a better back rower than a prop and it's his favoured position. The fact he's been playing prop shows how f**king piss weak you are in that department at the moment.

BranVan3000

Coach
Lmao I'm sure the Burgess family is better yeah right.

The only decent rugby league player you named is JWH. Kennedy is a prospect but behind Lima easily. The rest picked and hyped for their size rather than their actual playing ability, and will be long forgotten in a couple years

Latest posts