What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hayne Experiment

Eelementary

Post Whore
Finch is coming second in the NRL for metres gained from kicks...He's only kicked 23 kicks thus far and made 490 metres.

He's not doing as bad as some of you make out.

Raudonikis

Juniors
Yeah i like finchy and dont know why people bag him out,he gives 100 percent every week and pumps the boys up,ok he isnt sterlo but it seems a lot of parra supporters arent happy unless the half is like sterlo was..We are lucky to actually have a half with his experience,leadership and tenacity

Finch is coming second in the NRL for metres gained from kicks...He's only kicked 23 kicks thus far and made 490 metres.

do they have a stat on how far the fullback has to move to catch your kicks because i bet he'd be coming at the bottom of that table

yy_cheng

Coach

and i was going to ask, do they have a stat to say the distance from where he kicked it and where the 1st tackle is made?

Bazal

Post Whore

Problem is, Eele, the amount of times he kicks it straight down the defenders throats or makes them do absolutely no work to get them...kick metres mean very little

Raudonikis

Juniors
Problem is, Eele, the amount of times he kicks it straight down the defenders throats or makes them do absolutely no work to get them...kick metres mean very little

Basil i was a half/5/8 as you are...and i agree with a lot u say but i think DA had finch playing those kicks last week to try to pin Wesser down in his quarter,and it actually worked as our kick chase was extremely good

Bazal

Post Whore
Basil i was a half/5/8 as you are...and i agree with a lot u say but i think DA had finch playing those kicks last week to try to pin Wesser down in his quarter,and it actually worked as our kick chase was extremely good

It's a fair point regarding last week, but in general I do feel he kicks it to the man too often, whether on the full or on the bounce. He's got a good, long kick but he needs to find ground a lot more in my opinion.

On a related note, it seems odd to me that Finch is dominating the kicking so much. In regards to Eele's stat, Finch had over 400m kicking last week, the next highest was KK with 80 odd. For mine, with options in both Keatings, Burt, Mateo, and even the odd kick from Hayne and Inu if needed, we should be spreading the kicking out. It keeps sides guessing, takes pressure off the kickers on the whole and gives us variety. Finch can get himself under a lot of pressure (as he did on several occasions last week), and that can and will cost us at some point

Raudonikis

Juniors
Yes you are right and i dont know why Parra havent used Burt with clearing kicks, he has an awsome boot on him and would often find the sideline or open space

Burt is also our best 40/20 option.

Finch isn't 1/1000th as bad as people make him out to be. He defends like a terrier (just look at last week), yaps like an annoying chihuahua (sp?) and last year was a leader of line break and try assists.

He just isn't a running half and so gets bagged.

But he threw the pass for Joel last weekend, didn't he? When has Hayne even come close to doing that? Did Hayne even throw a pass last weekend?

Raudonikis

Juniors
Yes HJ Finchy actually threw a number of good balls and a few cut outs as well,as i said somewhere else i think a lot of parra supporters will always critisize our halfs cos they dont come up to sterlos standard but those people need to overcome that,or get over it and be happy the EELS have a tough uncomprimising half in Finchy with loads of experience,and sh*t he even won a premiership and played state of origin.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yes HJ Finchy actually threw a number of good balls and a few cut outs as well,as i said somewhere else i think a lot of parra supporters will always critisize our halfs cos they dont come up to sterlos standard but those people need to overcome that,or get over it and be happy the EELS have a tough uncomprimising half in Finchy with loads of experience,and sh*t he even won a premiership and played state of origin.

No he didn't dude...

Anyways, I don't think anyone has an issue with Finch (bar a few), the problem is Finch at 7...FTR I think he'd be a perfect hooker

lingard

Coach
Burt is also our best 40/20 option.

Finch isn't 1/1000th as bad as people make him out to be. He defends like a terrier (just look at last week), yaps like an annoying chihuahua (sp?) and last year was a leader of line break and try assists.

He just isn't a running half and so gets bagged.

But he threw the pass for Joel last weekend, didn't he? When has Hayne even come close to doing that? Did Hayne even throw a pass last weekend?

Hayne threw a beautiful pass to Joel the week before. And I think he scored, didn`t he? Or came close anyway.

Hayne threw a beautiful pass to Joel the week before. And I think he scored, didn`t he? Or came close anyway.

Actually the pass wasn't that good and Joel had to change his timing to get it. Also, he didn't score. Not even close. Lastly, it was the one pass that he threw in the entire game.

Once again, I don't remember him throwing a pass last weekend. Can anyone be specific about one they think he threw?

yy_cheng

Coach
Actually the pass wasn't that good and Joel had to change his timing to get it. Also, he didn't score. Not even close. Lastly, it was the one pass that he threw in the entire game.

Once again, I don't remember him throwing a pass last weekend. Can anyone be specific about one they think he threw?

Actually I think he did 2 but only can thing of the INU one where he ran left, INU cut back in (I think they somehow read each other's play), Hayne flicked it back but it got to INU at shoulder height.

Like I said, INU should've caught it because he is a freak. Any other freaky thing he would've done it easily. Oh and the tryline was wide open.

Look, Hayne is drafted as a running back, the only passes I see him throwing would be the flick or short pass.

Last year at fullback, he threw a few nice Fullback as 5/8th Passes out to the 3/4's.

I want him to learn the Inglis/Sutton BOMB

And I want him to learn to be a good five-eighth, but that don't mean jack squat when he doesn't have it in him.

If he's drafted as a running back, stick him back on the wing. Wingers run a lot.