What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hayne Experiment

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I am happy for him to remain at 5/8 until it starts costing us games. So far Hayne may not have played the best but he is defending pretty good and has not cost us any games. Does not help that Finch has been pretty poor

game 1, 6 dropped balls and we lost

not to mention all his other mistakes

Fee

Juniors
There is no way Jarryd is going to do any good at 5/8 if in his head he is still wanting to be at fullback. His mind is elsewhere, and you can totally tell. :?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
game 1, 6 dropped balls and we lost

not to mention all his other mistakes

did that cost us the game or poor defence which led to two tries to lance.

lets just see how it plays out. Anderson seems to know what he is doing I am sure he will cancel the move if he deems it is not successful. In the post game interview after the souths game he even mentioned "our attack is rubbish".

I'm happy to stick with Hayne at 5/8 at least until round 10, if our defence is as good as friday night it won't matter who plays 5/8 we will win most of our games.

Raudonikis

Juniors
The ironic thing is that HAYNE probably won Parramatta the game against Souths on the back of defense at 5/8 lol

I would definately not go that far,he made the ankle tap but to say he won the game with his D is bordering on either the Hayne love affair, or the Hayne love affair

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If Hayne didn't make that ankle tap Merrit was under the posts, and who knows what would have happened from there.

forward pass

Coach
You are deluding yourself if you think hayne is good. He is crap at 5/8. He is a FB.

Thanks Ladmate - but I think I'll go with Daniel Andersons knowledge on this one. I am sure you know as much as him but I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I would definately not go that far,he made the ankle tap but to say he won the game with his D is bordering on either the Hayne love affair, or the Hayne love affair

Actually I watched the game again last night, and don't dismiss his defensive performance on Friday. He made some really crucial tackles.

Kornstar

Coach
Thanks Ladmate - but I think I'll go with Daniel Andersons knowledge on this one. I am sure you know as much as him but I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Actually I watched the game again last night, and don't dismiss his defensive performance on Friday. He made some really crucial tackles.

But we keep getting told that he can't tackle :sarcasm:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
That's Ron in a nutshell, Raudonikis.

as opposed to you who supports a fringe first grader after 10 years who cannot even catch a bomb.

If Hayne doesn't make the tackle on Sutton Souths win, Hayne was defenisvely one of our best. His tackles were instrumental in our win.

Burt was the only blemish on our game, 10 years and cannot even take a bomb with no one around:lol:

yy_cheng

Coach
as opposed to you who supports a fringe first grader after 10 years who cannot even catch a bomb.

If Hayne doesn't make the tackle on Sutton Souths win, Hayne was defenisvely one of our best. His tackles were instrumental in our win.

Burt was the only blemish on our game, 10 years and cannot even take a bomb with no one around:lol:

It's a team game and we need a few more weeks to work out how well people are playing.

At this point in time the most contentious debate in the backline is

KK vs Burt.

a) Is 1. Hayne 6. KK better than 1. Burt. 6. Hayne?
b) Who will be an impact player if KK goes off the bench? Would we be better off with 4 forwards with Paulo/Huaraki or even Tautai (as a running forward) be better for us

After a few more weeks, we will probably have a better picture.

parraeelz

Juniors
Hayne is a sh*t 5/8. Can't kick, can't pass. No support play. 12 months of hell for eels supporters isnt good. Even then he would be useless. Lockyer always had 5/8 abilities in him and Inglis plays in the centres but is named at 5/8. Good defense isn't necessary for a 5/8. Thats what other people are for.

its been 2 games giv him a fkn chance

Ron Jeremy

Coach
It's a team game and we need a few more weeks to work out how well people are playing.

At this point in time the most contentious debate in the backline is

KK vs Burt.

a) Is 1. Hayne 6. KK better than 1. Burt. 6. Hayne?
b) Who will be an impact player if KK goes off the bench? Would we be better off with 4 forwards with Paulo/Huaraki or even Tautai (as a running forward) be better for us

After a few more weeks, we will probably have a better picture.

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING!!! DON'T JUMP THE GUN, GIVE HAYNE MORE TIME TO ADJUST!. It's just stupid how people are so quick to say he's not a 5/8 when he has played two games there, and in both games Parramatta rarley had quality ball in attack, thewy were more often not runing out of there half!!.

Hayne imo was defensively brillant, probably our best actually behind hindy, yet people in other threads reckon he should be the first dropped? lol thank god we have a coach like a DA, and tbh, if Hayne plays sh*t in attack all year i'd rather keep him there if the opponents are finding up to crack our backlines defense.

Ladmate

Bench
Any person with a half a brain would, but lets not forget that many on this board dont even have half.

Why try to convert someone into something he is not? We know he is good at FB so why not put him there? He is better than Burt and KK to 5/8

Ladmate

Bench
THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING!!! DON'T JUMP THE GUN, GIVE HAYNE MORE TIME TO ADJUST!. It's just stupid how people are so quick to say he's not a 5/8 when he has played two games there, and in both games Parramatta rarley had quality ball in attack, thewy were more often not runing out of there half!!.

Hayne imo was defensively brillant, probably our best actually behind hindy, yet people in other threads reckon he should be the first dropped? lol thank god we have a coach like a DA, and tbh, if Hayne plays sh*t in attack all year i'd rather keep him there if the opponents are finding up to crack our backlines defense.

He adds nothing to the offense at 5/8. Lots of good 5/8s and halfs cant tackle well........its because the add to the OFFENSE.

Kornstar

Coach
I noticed in the Roosters trial when KK was at half, Hayne got alot more involved.

To me it seemed that the rookie combination needed each other to actually both touch the ball and help each other out, however with Finch in the team it seems that the thought is that Finch will attempt to do everything (even terrible kicking) and Hayne will only get involved when needed.

I would really like to see how the team would go again with KK & Hayne in the halves and maybe Finch to the bench and bring him on if it doesn't seem to be working.

Latest posts