What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Haynebutt.

Devoted Dragon

Juniors
hayne and ennis are the two biggest grubs and dickheads in the nrl. I wish hindy put ennis to sleep permanently. Lucky the parra players ran into break up the fight or that bulldog hayne headbutted would of smoked the " ego " hayne like a cuban cigar.

Delboy

First Grade
At the end of the day, if the ref had penalised the swinging arm as he should have done the retaliation after being called a dog would not have happened.

Hayne is targetted every game and to their discredit the refs don't give him any protection, I hope that gets brought up before the review comiittee, that is as evident as the incident.

Suitman

Post Whore
At the end of the day, if the ref had penalised the swinging arm as he should have done the retaliation after being called a dog would not have happened.

Hayne is targetted every game and to their discredit the refs don't give him any protection, I hope that gets brought up before the review comiittee, that is as evident as the incident.

I also hope they show the elbow to his head from last week as well.

Suity

mrpwnd

Bench
Where on Earth did you get the idea that I was talking about him diving this season?

He's definitely got a reputation for staying down, whether you call it diving or being soft, he stays down on some hits that make me laugh out loud...I hate to say it, but he's brought this on himself IMO

I'll word my question better for you so you get the point.

How has he brought something like this on himself? Because I'm pretty sure it's been out of his game for quite a while now.

MrT

Juniors
I cannot believe how people are talkign about the Hayne Head butt when it was actually nothing at all. Ia gree he shouldn't have done it but I am absolutely STUNNED that no one has come backa nd said Corey Payne should have been sent off for HIS DELIBERATE ATTACK OF HAYNE'S HEAD.

Hayne is tackled and Payne comes in late over the top with a swinging arm deliberately aiming at the head. Watch the footage at arounf 1.01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6k2lwB3aIs

Gronk

Staff member
Rule change won't save Hayne this time

THE rule that saved Jarryd Hayne from suspension last year is unlikely to be his saviour this time.

Hayne will find out today whether he will be charged for an alleged headbutt on Corey Payne in Friday night's fiery Parramatta-Canterbury game at ANZ Stadium.
The NRL judiciary has changed the wording on incidents involving headbutts since a similar circumstance involving Melbourne and Queensland flyer Billy Slater.
Last year, the rules said Hayne's actions had "to cause injury or discomfort". The rule now states a player can be charged if he makes contact that is considered either unfair or excessive.
Hayne was the catalyst for the altercation on Friday night and means he is at greater risk of being sanctioned over his clash with Payne.
The match review committee will today take into account whether Hayne was provoked, and the amount of time between Payne's tackle -- which Hayne claims was the flashpoint -- and his reaction.

Last night, Parramatta officials were hopeful Hayne would not attract a striking charge.
But barrister Geoff Bellew SC has been asked to have a look at the incident.
Hayne's actions, and an altercation between Eels captain Nathan Hindmarsh and Michael Ennis dominated post-match discussions. Hindmarsh labelled the Bulldogs hooker a "grub".
The Parramatta and NSW fullback was falling in a tackle when Payne hit him with a swinging arm. Hayne got to his feet and took offence at what he considered a high shot and bumped heads with the Bulldogs player.
Payne then reacted to Hayne's aggression and punched the Eels No 1.
Both players were sent to the sin bin and had their actions placed on report for the match review committee to sort out today. Interestingly, Hayne probably should have been sent off if he was deemed guilty of a headbutt.
Bellew was the man who successfully appealed the last time Hayne faced a headbutt charge, in June last year, in the lead-up to State of Origin II with NSW trailing 0-1 in the series to Queensland.
Blues fans were incensed since Slater escaped any charge.
Now with the striking rules changed, Bellew would have to prove that in the act of headbutting, Hayne did not mean to do any harm to Payne.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-hayne-this-time/story-e6frg7mf-1226040612956

strider

Post Whore
show em videos of the dozen times each weekend when a tackler puts his head into the tackled player's head to help hold him on the ground - and how that never attracts anything

i actually don't think he meant to harm him and it wasn't excessive ... having said that he could still probably do with a week off to pull his head in (pun intended!)

Gronk

Staff member
If he is going to get a holiday it might was well be vs Titans. Humble back for this week ?

Gronk

Staff member
Geoff Bellew SC knows all the tricks. He was the one who got Shane Dunley off after he spat on PJ Marsh. Dunley's defence was that he had a excessive saliva problem and had to clear his throat.

"Over some period of time I've suffered from this medical condition," he said. "I did spit but I never intended to spit at anyone."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/League/Dunley-to-miss-four-for-spitting/2005/05/24/1116700715018.html

So I guess Hayne had a nervous twitch which was first noticed by his Primary School teacher. It often causes him to lunge forward with his forehead....

spiderdan

Bench
he deserves a week or two on the sidelines for that (as he did last year when he headbutted that wanker, slater). but, based on last year he may get off. i hope he gets a rest, if for no other reason it stops him reacting like that again.