What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Haynebutt.

Bazal

Post Whore
Hayne has form. What a dickhead! I didn't see it but a headbutt is a headbutt, he'll get a well deserved suspension. Should throw a few weeks on top just for being a f**king moron!

He really needs to get the grubby sh*t out of his game, toughen up, dig in and play the way we all know he can

Suitman

Post Whore
I don't wear this sh*t blaming Hayne for his "moment of madness" and about it being the turning point of the game.
If anything, it should have fired our lads up, seeing our most potent attacking weapon the target of an attempt to put him out of the game. The other 16 blokes should have lifted in anger and given it back in spades.
The same can be said for the Hindy incident. I'm sure others would have heard what was said. It should have been the catalyst to rise above and beyond, and to bury the dirty bastards.
Therefore, I blame the whole squad for meekly surrending from there onwards. They were in the trenches and in for a fight, but they raised the white flag.
I can't for a second feel the need to blame Hayne or Hindy for reacting to incidents that would otherwise have gone unpunished.

Suity

Last edited:
Agree Suity but we saw from the Souths game - when things go against us, we buckle. Other clubs respond and get fired up by it.

Captain BF

Juniors
I thought it was a headbutt. I thought he should have been sent off. I also thought the same thing last year against the Storm. 2 weeks for sure.Hopefully the suspension will be the massive kick in the bum he probably needs. We won't have an attack without Hayne though...

Kornstar

Coach
I don't wear this sh*t blaming Hayne for his "moment of madness" and about it being the turning point of the game.
If anything, it should have fired our lads up, seeing our most potent attacking weapon the target of an attempt to put him out of the game. The other 16 blokes should have lifted in anger and given it back in spades.
The same can be said for the Hindy incident. I'm sure others would have heard what was said. It should have been the catalyst to rise above and beyond, and to bury the dirty bastards.
Therefore, I blame the whole squad for meekly surrending from there onwards. They were in the trenches and in for a fight, but they raised the white flag.
I can't for a second feel the need to blame Hayne or Hindy for reacting to incidents that would otherwise have gone unpunished.

Suity

I agree, no doubt they are both stupid but I don't blame them for the loss!

They should have fired up and started smashing blokes, instead they retreated and barely got in their faces at all!!! I am more disappointed with the lack of team spirit displayed.......didn't they bond in the offseason or something at that boot camp?????

Far Canal

Juniors
Ok have watched that alleged headbutt a few times ...

1. Hayne woudl not have reacted (1) if the refs did not pull the whistels from their asses - thatwas a blatant cheap shot

2. Hayne was prepared to lie down and then play the ball and here is the clincher (leading to reaction (2)) Payne mouths off at Hayne to basically get up and that made hayne snap.

3. That is a not a headbutt - it was a leaning of the head at a slight angle :sarcasm:.

BTW Payne should also get a few weeks for his stiff arm to a defenceless person - he too is a grub.

Suitman

Post Whore

1. Hayne woudl not have reacted (1) if the refs did not pull the whistels from their asses - thatwas a blatant cheap shot

2. Hayne was prepared to lie down and then play the ball and here is the clincher (leading to reaction (2)) Payne mouths off at Hayne to basically get up and that made hayne snap.

3. That is a not a headbutt - it was a leaning of the head at a slight angle :sarcasm:.

BTW Payne should also get a few weeks for his stiff arm to a defenceless person - he too is a grub.

Exactly how it was.

Suity

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol at the "It's not a headbutt" crowd. It may not have been a hard headbutt but f**k me, I always defined a headbutt as "hitting one in a deliberate forward motion with your head". That's sure as sh*t what Hayne did.

Aiton was sent off for a softer example in round 1

Bazal

Post Whore

If Hayne didn't dive so often, the refs would actually pay attention when he stayed down.

Deadset, the way he's defended to the death on here regardless of what he does is totally ludicrous, he's a fantastic player but he's not above criticism as some people believe him to be!

Far Canal

Juniors
Bazal - I dont think most of us are defending Hayne.

It was a silly and foolish act but he is not only the one to blame. The roles of the refs and in particular Payne should also be reviewed with as much vigour as Hayne's actions.

By the way, I personally dont think he dives - he reacts to people trying to rough him up. Different people react differently, He has a massive target on his back and you would not be a fair dinkim NRL coach if you did not tell your players to use some extra force when dealign with Hayne.

strider

Post Whore

Suity

what suity said! :thumn

strider

Post Whore
can i also add that ppl are bagging hte refs for using sin bins on all 4 players involved ... i actually think the refs did the EXACT RIGHT THING for the situations .... everyone deserved a spell for what they did - i don't give a flying f_ck about the technicalities of the rulebook - the refs can show some discretion, they did the right thing

Craig Johnston

First Grade
i agree with suity that hayne's reaction didn't cost us the match, if anyone it was hindmarsh, hayne's double send off got us 2 points and possession back, hindy's reaction gave the dogs possession in an 11 v 11 contest, we were always going to do it tough trying to defend sets/possession and momentum with that few players on the field, just watch 7 a side to realise what this means

Suitman

Post Whore
can i also add that ppl are bagging hte refs for using sin bins on all 4 players involved ... i actually think the refs did the EXACT RIGHT THING for the situations .... everyone deserved a spell for what they did - i don't give a flying f_ck about the technicalities of the rulebook - the refs can show some discretion, they did the right thing

What Strider said. :thumn

Suity

Bazal

Post Whore
Bazal - I dont think most of us are defending Hayne.

It was a silly and foolish act but he is not only the one to blame. The roles of the refs and in particular Payne should also be reviewed with as much vigour as Hayne's actions.

By the way, I personally dont think he dives - he reacts to people trying to rough him up. Different people react differently, He has a massive target on his back and you would not be a fair dinkim NRL coach if you did not tell your players to use some extra force when dealign with Hayne.

He's definitely got a reputation for staying down, whether you call it diving or being soft, he stays down on some hits that make me laugh out loud...I hate to say it, but he's brought this on himself IMO. And the refs shouldn't have that opinion of course, they should evaluate each case as it comes but, that's a different discussion

Suitman

Post Whore
He's definitely got a reputation for staying down, whether you call it diving or being soft, he stays down on some hits that make me laugh out loud...I hate to say it, but he's brought this on himself IMO. And the refs shouldn't have that opinion of course, they should evaluate each case as it comes but, that's a different discussion

Last week it was an elbow to the head. No action.
This week it was a late cheap shot. Wasn't going to be action.
Tell me YOU wouldn't react, or at least try and defend yourself.

My bet is you would. You defend yourself against cheap shots around here on a regular basis.
Not having a shot, just suggesting you put yourself in Hayne's position.

Suity

Bazal

Post Whore
Last week it was an elbow to the head. No action.
This week it was a late cheap shot. Wasn't going to be action.
Tell me YOU wouldn't react, or at least try and defend yourself.

My bet is you would. You defend yourself against cheap shots around here on a regular basis.
Not having a shot, just suggesting you put yourself in Hayne's position.

Suity

I've played footy (until I wrecked my knee) since I was 8. I've been in Haynes position plenty as a half in a country comp. He jumps up and clocks Payne on the chops, I have no issue. Payne deserved it, but headbutting is not on, simple really. I've also never taken a dive and I strongly believe Hayne does often. That's something I hate.

And FTR, I don't think I've had many cheap shots recorded against me for a long time :p

Latest posts