What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE HOG is this you?

THE HOG

Juniors
I have only ever posted in the Punters Forum (obviously) and the Parra forum.

You seem like you are loyal to being a loser, but that's your choice not mine.....put the house on Parra to win this weekend. You won't regret it!!

It's Grand Final week . . . in my opinion it should all be about the smiles

I think I've said it before, if The Hog doesn't turn out to be the real deal - its no skin off my nose, and for some ridiculous reason his positivity has been reassuring over the last couple of weeks.

Call it selective retention or perception, but I am happy enough to ignore the whole "SaintGeorgeTippingGate" scandal in favour of his lighthearted posts.

If we do win, and you are fair dinkum - then make yourself known on Monday, and you can shout me a beer!

Haynzy

First Grade
A wealthy man was so proud of all the money and posessions that he had aquired during his life.
He decided to ask God to grant him a special favour because of his supreme ability to aquire wealth.

He asked God if he could bring some of his wealth with him when he died.

God thought about this for a while and then reluctantly agreed but he stipulated that the man could only bring one suitcase.

The man was overjoyed and continued on his way gathering wealth and posessions.

One day the inevitable happened, the man died. Before he left for the Pearly Gates he packed a suitcase full of gold bars, easily his most valuable posession.

When he arrived at the Pearly Gates with his suitcase St Peter stopped him. He told him that no one was permitted to bring anything with them and that he would have to leave the suitcase behind.

The man told St Peter about his arrangement with God and demanded that he be let in.

St Peter went away to check. When he returned he looked bemused.
He admitted that the man was infact allowed to bring one suitcase with him.

St Peter asked the man if he minded showing him what it was that he had brought with him.

The man, certain that St Peter would be impressed with his suitcase full of gold bars, opened the case with an impressive flourish.

St Peter looked at him with an even more confused look on his face and said..... 'you brought pavement?'...

disstopic

Juniors
According to that article in the Daily Telegraph, the bet was placed with Sportingbet. I don't know if The Hog read the rules of Sportingbet's site, but the maximum payout for an internet bet is $50K per win.

The article also says the gambler placed a $2,500 bet on Hindmarsh at 21:1 to win the medal. Of couse, this would theoretically pay out $52,500, exceeding Sportingbets payout limit. The maximum wager that should have been placed is $2,380 for a payout of $49,980.

So no matter what happens, even if he wins the bet, The Hog has still wasted $120.

We can also work out that a $65k win at 13:1 if the Eels win makes for an original wager of $5,000. Of course, the maximum payout is $50K - in this case the maximum wager should have been $3,846 for a win of $49,998.

So again, no matter what happens, in this case The Hog has wasted $1,154.

The Hogs total out of pocket waste from this little excercie is $1,274.

As Forrest Gump once said... "I'm not a smart man..." :)

SBA Rules.pdf, Section 38. It's on their web site under About Us.

THE HOG

Juniors
The wager was $2K at 22/1 and $500 @ 13/1....

If you bet to win more the $50K on a game it won't let you.

So my $5K bet with Sportingbet is made of a $2K bet and another $3K bet....so in fact I have not lost anything.....why can't there be an IQ pre-requisite in this thread??? I wonder ig God created a contingency plan for people who are so DUMB. No matter what yo throw at me my bets are correct and truthful.

Why are people so scared of me winning $300K???

There is love out there......maybe when Parra win and I collect there will be love?

P.S The money is nothing....the win is priceless..

Allegra

Juniors
hmmm, yep thats right. i am the hoggymonster.

and that means i get to keep all the loot if the eels win right?

i'll take that!!

xo

THE HOG

Juniors
I have bets with many bookies....they will all be crying foul come 7pm....I just put another $10K on Parra to win 1 to 12.....paying 4......YUM!!!!!!!!!

Don't believe me???

attamarrap

Juniors
Give the hog a break guys who cares if he backed the dragons or if he didn't you cant win every bet he's just trying to feed everyone some good tips what he thinks will get up i wish him all the best and i dont mind reading his comments if ya dont like what he says dont take his tips.

Good luck with your bets hog hopefully you get that big payday when the eels rise on sunday!!!!

THE HOG

Juniors
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ATTA!!!!

Love.

The more I think about it, Parra are going to win it.

Go Parra!!
2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 Premiers

condochook

Juniors
my mum used to say that no-one pays to talk.
If they did everyone would be silent.
who gives a f**k if u did or didnt bet.

Latest posts