What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The jack wighton hype

betcats

Referee
Raiders dodging a bullet i think. 1.1m a year for the next four years is ludicrous money for Jack. As as his athleticism falls off he will not be worth close to that, most would argue he isnt really close to being worth 1.1m now, maybe two or three years ago but right now no way.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
I wish him all the best and think he will kill it at centre in that souffs team. Having him on a million a year at 5/8th would have had us treading water for four years. Clubs got the cap space now and they just gotta get off their asses and land a marquee half. No excuses.

nick87

Coach
Raiders dodging a bullet i think. 1.1m a year for the next four years is ludicrous money for Jack. As as his athleticism falls off he will not be worth close to that, most would argue he isnt really close to being worth 1.1m now, maybe two or three years ago but right now no way.

agreed
Said this in the signing speculation thread
Pretty rare that it’s reported that strongly and the deal falls through

no ill feelings here, id like to keep Wighton, preferably on a 2-3 year deal max
And I’d rather he walk than accept having him on our books at 1.1m+ for 4 years… a player who is entirely reliant on physical attributes on the books at 1.1m+ into age 34.. hard pass on that. He’s an acl away from potentially being a very ordinary footballer

He’s been a polarising player for the raiders but when he at his best the raiders were at their best. Thanks for the good times (even if they were too few and far between) and good luck at Souths

nick87

Coach
Either Luai or Salmon would be nice for Canberra in the 6
Think I can confidently rule out Salmon :D

Luai would have strong interest around the league so can’t see him coming to Canberra but if he did he’d be probably as good a ball runner as Wighton, instantly upgrade our ball playing, merkininess and smugness
All things needed to complete for premierships

I know people hate Luai and fair enough, he’s very unlikable but I think it distorts opinions of him as a player. People act as if the guy isn’t a very good footballer

nick87

Coach
It’s still early in the season
I’m sure he’ll bounce back to form shortly. I think a few panthers players a bit off the pace early. But id gladly take him at Canberra if Penrith don’t want him

Wb1234

Referee
Massive gain for souths he will go well with his all stars brothers

big worry for Canberra he’s rejecting more money to leave

Latest posts