What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The jack wighton hype

gerg

Juniors
Didnt Victor Radley do that last year.

He had shits he hadnt played origin yet so after one of his concussion he decided to play for England.

The difference is that Radley gets suspended every second week so misses origin every year. Would be fun to watch him go crazy in an origin game though. Heighington just wasn't good enough.

Up there with when Ben Hornby declared himself unavailable for rep footy.

oh-no-anyway-jeremy-clarkson-gif.gif
I wouldn't go quite that far. Hornby was a hack who only played 1 Origin game about 5 years before he retired from rep footy. Wighton is a walk up start for the Kangaroos. It's just Freddy is an absolute bonehead who wants to give everyone available a go for NSW, and overlooked Jack because he already had his.

mxlegend99

Referee
Wighton was a chance at rep footy. His retirement actually did change his chance at playing.

Whether he deserved it or not... Who knows. But he played game 1 last year and did well. Covid made him miss Game 2 and Freddy f**ked up game 3 by not putting him on the bench atleast

Fangs

Coach
He would still be my 14 if he was available.

He will be very useful for Canberra during the rep season. Needs to pull his finger out though. His game on the weekend was a complete shocker.

Vibing

Juniors
He would still be my 14 if he was available.

He will be very useful for Canberra during the rep season. Needs to pull his finger out though. His game on the weekend was a complete shocker.
He has played about 3 good games for the Raiders in the last 4 years

mongoose

Coach
He has played about 3 good games for the Raiders in the last 4 years
that's harsh, i'm one of his biggest critics but I think he's had a few more good games than that. 4 years ago is 2019...

His kicks out on the full and terrible decision making are what frustrates me. He throws the occasional fluke cut out pass to his winger, always down the left side, but then he throws more wayward passes than any half in the game. He has also won games for us single handedly and there's been no other player in our team capable of that. He's the true definition of an enigma.

Vibing

Juniors
that's harsh, i'm one of his biggest critics but I think he's had a few more good games than that. 4 years ago is 2019...

His kicks out on the full and terrible decision making are what frustrates me. He throws the occasional fluke cut out pass to his winger, always down the left side, but then he throws more wayward passes than any half in the game. He has also won games for us single handedly and there's been no other player in our team capable of that. He's the true definition of an enigma.
hes a centre , strong runner , strong defender

he has porridge between his ears , so was never a 5/8

Vibing

Juniors
thing is , centres don't earn 900K a year let alone 1.1 mill , so i know why he converted to the 6 role

Chimp

Bench
hes a centre , strong runner , strong defender

he has porridge between his ears , so was never a 5/8
This is exactly my view - I said something similar on Sharks forum, but not quite so eloquently.

Jack is an athlete, not much else. He’s fast, strong, tough….. awful kicking game, no game management/awareness, hardly one of the games great thinkers, and appears to be a bit more of a dick on the drink than most. Certainly not worth the money being suggested.

Vibing

Juniors
If its rickyland , i hope its stick telling some of these prima donnas a few home truths , for simple jack to be disrespectful & forget how the Raiders have supported him through some off field troubles over the years

oh & have him as the clubs top paid player & have him play like a clueless rookie for most the last 4 years.

tbh , if he goes it may end up being the best thing , they'll be a few rough years as we don't have a ready made replacement , Schneider is showing some promise but is not ready for the week in week out riggers of the NRL yet.

Latest posts