What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The jack wighton hype

Valheru

Coach
We signed a grand total of 0 players this year

Our past 2 seasons all we have signed is Havili and Chee Kam and lost Reynolds, Gagai, Su'A, Marshall, Nicholls, Paulo, etc

We have 4 jersey flegg players who aren't anywhere near FG in our top 30

Guys like Thompson, Milne and Tass are in our top 6 backs

We could easily fit him in, no worries at all

Issues would come when we need to upgrade guys we have developed like Graham, Koloamatangi, etc
You're starting to sound like a roosters fan, welcome to the dark side.

I'm not accusing you guys of cheating by the way, fact is souths are in the same position as roosters as to what they can offer and it's absolutely hilarious that a good portion for souths fans still see themselves as this battling workers club that develops its own players and never goes to market.

Munky

Coach

I'm not accusing you guys of cheating by the way, fact is souths are in the same position as roosters as to what they can offer and it's absolutely hilarious that a good portion for souths fans still see themselves as this battling workers club that develops its own players and never goes to market.

What are you talking about? The Burgess brothers grew up on the mean streets of Maroubra.

While GI will tell you about his youth in Redfern, Queensland.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Souths as a club have this Victim mentality. Maybe getting kicked out for 2 years has changed there mindset.

But they should just embrace they are one of the big boys now and not get offended all the time.

The Roosters fans i know just laugh and chuckle anytime you mention uncle nick and salary cap. Water off a ducks back.

Munky

Coach
Well if the media reports are accurate, his contract will be backended, and also most of the players who were re-signed by Souths didn't have ratchet clauses in their contracts.

So medical retirement and salary cap exemption coming up then?

Vibing

Juniors
i know this has probley been answered but how can souths afford him ?? and why are already strong teams getting stronger ??
Souths didn't add anyone to their top 30 for 2023 , the cap has gone up as well , Wightons deal will be back ended from 2026 with money souths will save from a few older players retiring

they can fit him in easily based on all of this
this salary cap rorting talk is nonsense

yobbo84

Coach

I enjoy the fact that Mike Cannon-Brookes could buy Nick Politis 10 times over.

Instead of "free" City Ford vehicles for relatives perhaps we'll see some family "get" lucrative positions at Atlassian? Or a "job" with Crown? Or a "role" in Hollywood?

Big end of town, baby. Woot woot.

Latest posts