What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Kennedy Dive

Kiwi

First Grade
First off, QLD as a team played like sh*t and got beat, the is no excuse for that, no bad reffing, even though there were some dodge calls, QLD were never in that match, and were never going to win with the way they played.

Back to Kennedy and his gutless dive.

Wasn't Stuart one of the people who slammed the Raiders for taking "dives" to get penalties?

Wonder what his opinion on Kennedy's acting is?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Fact is, he was hit around the chin and you can't say for sure whether it was a dive.

What is more concerning is the actions of Ben Ross - if that happened to a player who was seriously injured/concussed, it could have dangerous reprocussions.

choc_soldier

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
What is more concerning is the actions of Ben Ross - if that happened to a player who was seriously injured/concussed, it could have dangerous reprocussions.

Exactly - that was irresponsible at best, dangerous at worst.

Mr Saab

Referee
People...next time you watch the incident, watch BK when he is picked up by Ben Ross. When BK is about to land he braces himself. This is not the action of a player who was knocked out.
BK took a dive...good luck to him

RainMan

Juniors
Kiwi

If you were hit around the throat/chin area by a wayward arm from an idiot who was more intent on trying to start fights than play football, you would still be down in the foetal position calling for your mummy.

Briza

Juniors
Kennedy took offence at suggestions he took a dive in the tackle.

"I hear they said I layed down," he said. "There's no frigging way I would have lay down, ever, in a game. I just want to quash that now.

"I couldn't give a **** what anyone thinks. I was a bit stung and that was it. It was a tackle that went wrong and that was it for me."

Maroons interchange forward Ben Ross stood over Kennedy and demanded he get to his feet but the Blues forward said: "I didn't know what was going on."

"Look, I don't want to make a big deal of it. We've just won up in Queensland. Let's enjoy that," Kennedy said. "And where's Choppy's [Chris Close] finger now? That's what I want to ask."

RainMan

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
People...next time you watch the incident, watch BK when he is picked up by Ben Ross. When BK is about to land he braces himself. This is not the action of a player who was knocked out.

Is he not allowed to be stunned from the hit? Who said he was knocked out.

innsaneink

Referee
Whats the difference really to a player in possession holding on to the tackler to milk a penaly, whats the difference to a player losing control of the ball in the ruck and claiming it as stripped?

Hes trying to milk a penalty, he accusing the opposition of fouling when in fact they didnt.

Little milks in my first two instances?
Little cheating?

Taking a dive.....inferring an opposition has fouled the player, generally as result of high shot.

Bigger milk?
Bigger cheating?

The thing with dives though, if there REALLY is anything in it....justice usually is served, if a high shot DOES occur as the V Ref comes into it...then no harms done....if its a pure milk, pure con job...ala Withers V Sharks, then its either 'play on' or at worst, a penalty, just like the little milks, hanging on in the tackles and claiming strips etc.

Kiwi

First Grade
RainMan said:
Is he not allowed to be stunned from the hit? Who said he was knocked out.

Look at the way he took the dive, you could have sworn he'd just been shot about a step after the slap. He seemed perfectly fine after the penalty had been awarded.

innsaneink

Referee
Charlie Saab said:

Was this you that rang 2KY thismorning with this very point, or did you just take this guys opinion?:lol:

bulldog

Bench
Charlie Saab said:

You don't have to be knocked out to be injured, bracing yourself when your about to hit the ground is instinct and only serves to show BK was conscious, it would have been a penalty regardless.

Kiwi

First Grade
RainMan said:
Kiwi

If you were hit around the throat/chin area by a wayward arm from an idiot who was more intent on trying to start fights than play football, you would still be down in the foetal position calling for your mummy.

I have been hit like that when I played, but i'm not gutless I got straight back up, played the ball and got him back with a legal hit.

Mr Saab

Referee
innsaneink said:
Was this you that rang 2KY thismorning with this very point, or did you just take this guys opinion?:lol:

i didnt call any station, but i will call 2SM this afternoon, so you can listen then ;-)

Kiwi

First Grade
Briza said:
Kennedy took offence at suggestions he took a dive in the tackle.

"I hear they said I layed down," he said. "There's no frigging way I would have lay down, ever, in a game. I just want to quash that now.

"I couldn't give a **** what anyone thinks. I was a bit stung and that was it. It was a tackle that went wrong and that was it for me."

Maroons interchange forward Ben Ross stood over Kennedy and demanded he get to his feet but the Blues forward said: "I didn't know what was going on."

"Look, I don't want to make a big deal of it. We've just won up in Queensland. Let's enjoy that," Kennedy said. "And where's Choppy's [Chris Close] finger now? That's what I want to ask."

What we believe it when a player from a team we support says he didn't take a dive, but get outraged when a Raider does it, or a player from another club?

Kennedy took a dive.

Mr Saab

Referee
kennedy rivaled Withers effort when Nutley hit him in a club game.
Withers sure rose pretty quick when Nutley gave him a verbal spray in saying how much of a dog he was

Misty Bee

First Grade
Oh Charles, such overwhelming facts.

I once knew a bloke who reckoned he hit a hole in one once. I tried it, and couldn't do it. So he must be full of sh*t, yeah????

Stop making weasle like excuses for your pack of failed thugs and choking Lockyers.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
no doubt in the world that Kennedy took a dive, which proves even the 'so called' hard men of the game resort to cat tactics.

Kiwi

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
Oh Charles, such overwhelming facts.

I once knew a bloke who reckoned he hit a hole in one once. I tried it, and couldn't do it. So he must be full of sh*t, yeah????

Stop making weasle like excuses for your pack of failed thugs and choking Lockyers.

It was a dive, we as QLD fans have accepted the fact the Maroons played like sh*t in game 2 and 3 and lost the series, now you need to open you eyes and accept the fact Kennedy took a dive.

Latest posts